13: Taken

Sarah:

When Derek left, it was just Sarah and the scary man left in the dim lit room. She figured the man would start to talk to her immediatly, but he didn't. He simply paced. And observed. He paced and he observed until finally he said,

"What is your name, sweetie?"

Sarah didn't say anything.

"I said, What. Is. Your. Name."

Sarah could sense the anger rising, but she still stayed silent. Oh, how she wished Derek would come back. She glanced at the door hoping for him to come back in, but it didn't happen. The tall man got closer.

"I'll say it one more time sweetie. What is your name?"

"You tell me yours first." She snarled.

Stinging. Severe stinging and a large whack. That's all that Sarah could think about after the cruel man slapped her face. Tears came to her eyes, but she swallowed and cleared her throat.

"I'm. Sarah."

"Nice to meet you, Sarah. Have you enjoyed your stay?" He said sarcastically. The man didn't even give Sarah enough time to answer when he grabbed her by the collar of her flimsy shirt and threw her against a wall. This time all the pain was at her shoulder. She stood up anyway, just to have a large pair of grey sweats and some worn slippers thrown at her.

"Put them on. We're leaving."

~~

As soon as he left the room, Derek wished he hadn't. He was so worried that the boss would kill her, even though he knew the man wouldn't. The boss needed her. When Derek got to the shabby closet that served as his "bedroom", he rushed to change. Then, as he stepped out of the closet a familiar cloth was put over his mouth. The only thing he remembered was ragged rope being tied around his wrist, and then he was knocked out.

Derek awoke to the sound of Sarah's pleading voice.

"Derek!" She hissed.

"Hmm?" Derek thought it was some kind of pleasant dream, but he was wrong. His senses were coming back, and things were getting worse and worse. He noticed the Sarah was tied up just like him, leaning against the wall. Judging by the swift lurching of the vehicle, he could tell they were in a car. The windows were blacked out though, so he had no idea where they were. But he did know where they were being taken.