Chapter Twenty

[Ji Eun's pov]

Lee Jae Woo frowned his brows. His expression was bitter as if he had a bad dream. Beads of sweat were formed on his forehead.

I let my palm touch his forehead. It was burning hot.

"Yah, Lee Jae Woo! You have a fever!"

"......"

No response==

Did he went to the clinic? Did he take medicine? Did he even know that he was sick?

Then, Lee Jae Woo's right hand was beginning to move around. He was scratching his face.

I grabbed his hand and stopped him from doing so, "Andwae, andwae! You'll get scars, pa-"

I gasped when he tighten his grip on my hand and used the other hand to grasp my shirt. What shocked me the most was he struggled to lift his body up and then he rested his head on my lap. He moved even closer to me, leaving no gaps between us. He cuddled in my arms like a child.

"Pervert, get off me!" I tried to pushed his head away but his grip on my shirt was too firm.

Lee Jae Woo started sobbing and spit out words. I couldn't capture them completely but what I heard was, "Eomma...eomma...don't leave me...I...good boy...listen to you...eomma..." He sounded like an abandon child.

"Eomma? Yah, I'm not your mother. I'm Ji Eun. HAN JI EUN. Lee Jae Woo, let go your hands. "

Lee Jae Woo tighten his grip, making me feeling suffocate.

He resisted, "I don't want! I beg you... Please don't leave me... Let me hug you... Just for once..."

I couldn't bear to push him away, instead I just let him be. I said, "Alright alright, I won't go." I couldn't believe I said that either.

Slowly, his hug wasn't as aggresive as before. His breathing was slower and steadier too. Eventually, he stopped sobbing and there was no sign if him anymore. He fell asleep, I guessed.

We were literally stuck to each other right now. This position made me feel really uncomfortable because my heart was beating in a fast pace. And I felt a strange feeling. It was a different feeling when I was with Sang Hyun.

My mind went back to the unexpected scene that happened just now. Was he calling out for his mother? I guessed that the middle-age woman in the picture was his mother. She has an elegant aura surrounding her and she was beauty. Even his father (the middle-age man I thought?) was smart despite his age. He must be a handsome guy during his older days. I could see why Lee Jae Woo had great looks. It was because of the great family genes.

If he missed his mother so much, why didn't he stay with her? Why did he have to move out the house and stay alone? Lee Jae Woo... I couldn't understand him at all...

My hands moved towards his soft hair unknowingly. I pat it slightly. Actually he was only a big boy that was lack of love, I thought to myself.

When he was deeply asleep, I struggled to pull out my hand from his grip. I lifted his head up slowly and moved it to his pillow. I thought it would be hard for me to do so at first but his body weight was surprisingly light. Did he not grew up well? Silly me, he stayed alone. Of course he was not eating well. I would have to make sure he eat more when he woke up.

And now it was time to do some work. I should repay him by cleaning his house for him. I started walking around his apartment. It was indeed spacious but simple. His apartment was basically spick and span which I had expected. Therefore, there was nothing much to do. I finished tidying it within half an hour.