Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Killian stands on the back porch of the house, watching his family. He wanted to walk over to them, but he didn't want to ruin the moment between his wife and their kids. Emma once again got the first word, Henry said mama first, it was on Emma's birthday of all days. Now he just heard his little princess say her first word as well, and it was for Emma. Killian had to admit he was a bit jealous, but Emma deserved it, she like Henry said was a great mom, clearly Henry and Ella both saw it too. Then Killian walks towards "Hey loves" he says dropping kisses on both Emma and Ella's heads "hi lad, how is the hoop?" he says squatting to give his son a hug.

"Good, I've been playing today" Henry tells him.

"That's great Henry" Killian says with a smile "and what about this little princess?"

Emma gives him a huge smile "Someone said her first word" Emma says passing Ella to her dad.

Killian gladly takes her and kisses the tip of her nose "You did little love?"

Ella claps her little hands, she must understand so she says reaching towards Emma "mama."

Killian turns to Emma "Look at that Swan" he turns to look at his daughter proudly "I see someone made mommy very happy" he says in a goofy voice reserved for Ella.

Emma watches her husband with their daughter, and memories come back to her. She was thinking of that day at Granny's, when Killian was sitting with Ashley and Alex, and Killian was talking to the little girl. Emma remembers watching them, with a smile, with thoughts of one day that being him with a daughter of their own. But those thoughts where clouded with the secret that she may not have a future where that was possible. That she won't survive this battle, that she would once again miss out on her sons life, that she finally found true love. That she wouldn't have the chance to be a mom again, that she couldn't give Killian a child, Henry a sibling, something although she never said aloud, something she desperately wanted herself, she wanted a baby. But now, here she is, with all that and more, proof that your future wasn't set in stone.

3 years later

Emma wakes up when the sun shines through her window blinds, she moans and turns over, but the bed is empty. She opens a eye and sees it is after 7 am which means Killian is at the sheriff station. He and her dad where helping with the setup for the 4th of July fair and picnic that the town was having. Emma rolls onto her back running her fingers through her hair; it was her first time off on the holiday since she got to town, which meant family time with her kids. After a few minutes she gets up, she goes to Henry's room first, naturally the close to 10 year old is sound asleep still, which makes Emma smile. She goes into the room and fixes his blanket which is half on him, half on the floor. She leans in and kisses his head lightly, which makes him stir a bit, but he stays asleep and pulls 'Quack' closer. Emma smiles again, her boy was good. So then Emma moves towards Ella's room, she is sure her little girl is awake by now, in the last couple years she had proven to be Killian's child waking up early, but she was good about allowing her mommy to sleep in. Emma opens the door and finds her little girl sitting at her little table, coloring a picture. "Hey love bug" Emma says to her daughter.

Ella looks at her mom and smiles brightly back, her beautiful blue eyes sparkling bright. "Hi mommy" she says getting up and goes to Emma.

Emma lifts her up and hugs her, the little girl leaning into her front, with her little legs wrapped around her mom's waist. Emma moves some of her blonde curls behind her ear "Did you sleep good Ella?"

Ella nods "Yeah mommy, and guess what?"

"What?" Emma asks trying to match her daughter's excitement.