Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Fall has come to Storybrooke, the leaves where changing, and Halloween decorations where coming out all over, including the Jones house. Emma was currently in the kitchen getting ready to bake brownies, Henry's class was having a bake sale to save up for a field trip they wanted to go on, but they needed money for it.

Emma is rummaging through the cupboard looking for the brownie mix "Where the hell is it?" she mutters to herself.

"Whatcha doing mom?" Henry asks as he puts the bowl from his popcorn in the sink.

"Looking for the brownie mix kid, I know I have a box somewhere" Emma says getting frustrated.

"Didn't you give it to grandma the other day?" Henry asks.

Emma head drops "That's right" she sighs remembering when her mom was over the other day saying she wanted to make some, and she offered the box. "Henry..." she starts and turns to see that Henry had walked out, probably going back to watching the movie. Emma walks in to see Henry and Ella both cuddled up on the couch under their favorite blankets, they both where getting over colds. Today was the kind of day for it, it was a cloudy and cool Sunday, it was just them at home, and Killian was over her parents helping David fixing up something in the barn. "Hey guys..." she starts, and they turn to look at her, both looking cozy "I need to run to the store... can I trust you two to behave while I go?"

"Yes mommy" Ella says, scooting down more into the couch, making Emma smile.

"Bud?" Emma asks.

"Yep" Henry says with a smile.

"Alright" Emma says. She puts on her coat and shoes, then goes back and kisses both their heads "I love you guys, I won't be gone long."

"Love you mommy" Ella says sadly cause all she wants is cuddles.

"Ok mom, love you" Henry adds.

Emma gives them both another kiss, then leaves to run to the store.

Henry watches his mom leave, and then moves back to the couch. After the movie is over, Ella is asleep so Henry goes upstairs to his mom and dad's room. His mom had bought him a puzzle she stored in the closet, he decided he might as well start on it, it was a superhero one. Henry knows the puzzle should be on the floor of the closet, so he moves around a couple boxes and some shoes. Then he sees a box, his name is written on it, in big bold letters it said: HENRY.

Henry drags the box out and sits on the floor by his mom's side of the bed. He opens it to find stuff he doesn't recognize. A camera with his name on the strap, he had never seen it before. He picks out a book, sort of note book; it has a note taped to the front that reads:

You might not think this story is true. But I know that it is. And it can still have a happy ending.

Henry.

Henry opens the book; there are hand drawn pictures on each page with a small caption underneath, telling a story. But Henry doesn't remember making this, sure he liked making up stories and making small books for his mom and dad but, they weren't like this. He sets that aside, next where pictures, they looked like him in them, but he doesn't remember taking them, and some he's older. Henry takes another look at a picture that looks like him, there is something similar about it. He had seen him before, like when he was growing up. There where pictures of this boy around their house, around his grandparents and Aunt Regina's, but why?

Henry was confused, he puts everything back into the box, he stops a second and looks at a picture of him and his mom. It's a Polaroid of them, outside of Granny's, both holding mugs of hot chocolate, smiling at the camera. He sets it aside and finishes putting away the box. When Henry goes to put the box away, he finds the puzzle, but he really isn't interested anymore, so he leaves it. He walks out of the room, and into his. He gives the picture another look with a smile, and he hides it in his desk. And over the course of the next week visiting his family houses and looking around, he sees pictures of the boy there to, he wanted to know what is going on?