If only these eyes could see...

"Once upon a time I too admired the great detective L, and just like my fellow orphans I strove to become L as well. I was brain washed into believing that being L was a good thing, that was until my fellow rival for the title of L killed himself. I realized that in the grand scheme I was a puppet, only seen as a backup should anything happen to L. I no longer cared about the tittle of L. I will prove to L that I am superior to him by creating an unsolvable case. If L is a genius, then I am a super genius. If L is a freak, then I'm a super freak."

:::

Beyond Birthday didn't know what to think about his mysterious benefactor. Just like she saw him as a puzzle, he saw her as a puzzle as well.

So it was while he was browsing through the channels of the television that he decided to just watch the news. It was the best thing he did all day. Because it seemed like the police had caught a glimpse at a criminal that Beyond approved of.

Requiem of Revenge.

Merely the name of the criminal sent a shiver filled with pleasure down Beyond's spine.

Such a perfect name.

"Police had managed to get a picture of this mysterious criminal."

Oh! Now that was news.

Beyond stared in anticipation at the screen, "Get on with it," he growled.

As if on cue there stood the picture of RoR getting inside a getaway car. RoR appeared to be male, his beanie obscuring others from making out his features.

Beyond however wasn't paying attention to that. His eyes were staring right at a cut RoR had on his neck. It looked just like the cut Beyond had given his mysterious benefactor.

No, he was sure that it was the very same cut.

"Interesting," he grinned. If one were to look closely his eyes flickered with the emotion of morbid joy.

And with that he turned off the television. His eyes landed on the computer in the corner of the room. Even though technology wasn't the area of his experts, he could give any normal people a run for their money. Read normal people as those who haven't undergone tutelage in a certain orphanage in England.

Numbers, encryption and codes all danced through the screen as he hacked into the database of registrations in Japan.

Although his mysterious benefactor was good at hiding her origins, Beyond had always been good at noticing the small details. His ears having picked up a slight Japanese accent and his eyes caught sight of his benefactor almost saying "Birthday Beyond" instead of the proper English "Beyond Birthday."