The Game has only just begun

"If there was anyone who could read my thoughts they'd probably say I think of everyone around me as chess pieces, that's correct. But there's more to it than that, the thing is people are like dices too, they throw themselves in the direction of their own choosing. People are free because they can do that. Everyone's circumstances are different, but no matter how small the choice, at the very least, they can throw themselves. It's not chance or fate. It's the choice they make. And it's because of their very choice to step into my line of sight that makes them pieces on my board." -Sayu Yagami

Sayu's head was resting on her desk, usually she would just pretend to sleep and let her thoughts wonder.

Life, her family, her secret life, her first life...anything. You can't really blame her though.

The first time she went to school in her life as Jeanie was hell, a second time? Now that was worse than hell. Especially since you knew everything already and was purposely dumbing yourself down.

Sometimes she just wanted to shoot herself for purposely setting down wrong answers, but she endured.

The shadow was her realm, she didn't want to get burned in the light. Which is why she often wears sunglasses during the day too. She literally doesn't like the light.

Ironically she does like Light, in a sibling way of course.

This time however she was wondering if there was any hope for humanity, really, why do the kids insist on trying to rebel against the teacher? It was an idiotic way to kill time before the bell rang.

She almost sighed in relief when the teacher sent the class clown away. She wanted to groan when the teacher insisted on going on with controlling homework.

Not to brag, but her English was very good for someone from Japan. (Well Sayu is, Jeanie wasn't). Thing is, do you know how frustrating it is to purposely make mistakes on a language you have already mastered?

Okay, remember that time when you had a test and you know you knew the answer but you just couldn't remember it? And then it turns out to be something you knew perfectly before the test? Ten times worse than that.

"Yagami-san."

Sayu didn't stir, that was until the kid sitting in front of her poked her head repeatedly. With a frustrated noise she lazily lifted her head to look at her English teacher.

"Yes, miss?" she asked raising an eyebrow. Even though her words were polite, it was obvious that she herself thought it was a hassle.

"You're up for question thirteen, part B."