Rest In Peace Agent Penber

"Um, so what's up with the family meeting?"

Sayu had to resist the urge to show her annoyance. She had been busy giving Leon instructions on how to lead her business as Gin Ryuu while she'd be busy with the Kira case and ensuring that her plans would go smoothly.

Also now she could move more freely since Raye was gone, finally.

Honestly, Sayu was annoyed at being followed around by an agent. Keeping up her fake persona 24/7 was easy, but still...she was a bit paranoid that she may have given something away.

Soichiro's face was solemn as he revealed why he had called a family meeting.

"I figured you'd find out sooner or later, so I might as well tell you now. I don't want you to be alarmed, I'm sure you've heard about this Kira investigation. I'm currently in charge of it."

The air was tense.

Then....

"Ha! I knew you were working on the case. See, Light? I knew it."

Light smiled, "Yeah, you did."

"You already knew?" Soichiro asked, feeling surprised.

Sayu nodded quickly. "Since you're the chief it'd be obvious that you're in charge, but I knew you were working on the Kira case because you have a strong sense of justice dad. It would have been surprising if you weren't working on the case," she cheekily said

"I see," Soichiro smiled slightly.

"But it's pretty cool, you know? Maybe you might meet L!" Sayu babbled excitedly.

"That isn't my point," Soichiro managed to interject.

Sayu tilted her head to the side.

"You see, the truth is the FBI sent thirteen of their agents to Japan to assist us in finding Kira, and all of them died yesterday."

Fittingly both Sayu and Light gasped

'Thirteen? There was only supposed to be twelve...but that explains why there was one following me too..'

"Does that mean they were killed by Kira?" Light asked.

"What?" Sayu blurted out.

'Just follow the script, I didn't give anything I shouldn't have away.'

Soichiro nodded.

"What I'm saying is that there's a chance Kira will try to kill anyone who gets in his way, his crimes are ruthless and immoral, more frightening than anything we've ever seen. More detectives are resigning each day."

Sayu slammed her hands on the table earning her family's attention.

 'Ah, this is so boring. Boring. Boring,' her mind blankly mumbled as she faced her dad with a concerned look.

"Then you should quit too, dad. I don't want you to die."

"S-she's right, your life is more important than your job!" Sachiko added in agreement.

"I can't. I can never forgive myself if I walk away from this, I will not sit back and let evil triumph."

'...foolish. So very foolish. But I suppose it's exactly because of your idiotic sense of Justice that most don't have that I kinda feel like rooting you on Soichiro.' Sayu thought, but she wasn't done yet.

She lifted her face knowing that she was frowning, "Do you really think Kira is evil dad? I mean sure his methods passes off as murder, but ever since he started crimes have drastically dropped. Kira probably knows that it's a crime to kill, but he wants to get rid of the criminals...doesn't that seem like he had good intentions? But at the same time not everyone who have sinned deserves to die...so what should I think? Some say Kira is evil, others say that the police are evil for trying to get rid of Justice, but which should I believe? What's evil anyways?"