Soraru's Diary - Entry #14

Date: 11th November 2017.

11/11. It was what we call the "Pocky Day" in Japan. I was not sure why it was called so, but it just seemed natural for everyone to note that it was "Pocky Day" today, including this person called "Mafumafu".

"Soraru-san!"

He had been really excited since last night. I was at home, doing the usual; doing work and playing games afterwards, and he suddenly said, "I'm going out for a bit!" and left without even wearing his scarf and gloves, only grabbing his cardigan. What was he thinking? It was super cold outside and yet he went out with that little clothing.

When I was about to put down my gaming controller to give him a lecture, he closed the door on me. I quickly opened it back up again, got out, and called him to come back. But he told me that he wouldn't take long, and that he'd be back in no time, telling me to get in there and continued playing my game or my teammates were going to get mad at me.

I sighed, and did what I was told. And as he mentioned, he was back after a while with a plastic bag in hand. 

"What's that?" I asked without moving my gaze away from the screen.

"It's nothing!" he said, and started humming happily as he brought the bag into the kitchen.

Now that I thought about it, those must have been-

"It's Pocky day!"

Pocky.

"... And?"

Mafu made a noise, sounding really unsatisfied at my reaction.

"What?" I looked at him.

"It's Pocky day so of course we're doing the Pocky game!" he hit the table lightly a few times to prove his point.

"... I don't understand why we're going to have to do it," I looked away.

"Because it's-"

"That's not a good enough reason for us to do it,"

"But you haven't listened to what I was about to say!"

"I didn't have to,"

"Why?!"

"Because you've been saying the same thing for the past hour now!"

We were at our little room, me facing the computer to do work, while Mafumafu was sitting beside me, trying to get me to play with him, except it was fruitless.

"Don't you want to eat Pocky, Soraru-san...?"

"No,"

"... Here," said Mafumafu, putting one of them biscuits that were shaped like a stick with chocolate coated on it by my mouth. He moved it up and down, urging me to eat it.

And so I did.

He hummed. He sounded happy again, which was always a good thing. I didn't want to do the Pocky game, but I didn't want to upset him either. So if this makes him happy, I'll eat as many of those chocolate sticks if he wanted me too. Just not the stupid "Pocky game".

Mafumafu kept feeding me until he finally ran out of it.

Thank heavens, I thought. I didn't need the extra weight gain since I had a live performance tomorrow. But that wasn't the end of it. He magically took out another box and started tearing the packaging open, and I thought I was about to cry.

"... Soraru-san,"

"... No more pockies,"

"What about the Pocky game?"

I turned to look at him, and he had one of those chocolate sticks in between his lips. He moved it up and down in between them, looking up at me with sad eyes that reminded me of really sad puppies. 

I let out a heavy sigh.

"I get it already, I'll do it,"

His eyes lit up. He really does resemble a puppy sometimes.

"Mm!" Mafumafu lifted the chocolate stick up, and closed his eyes.

I stared at him for a while and then something ran into my mind. I grabbed the other end in between my thumb and forefinger, and I pulled it out of Mafumafu's mouth. He was shocked, immediately opening his eyes to see what I was doing, but I couldn't let him. I leaned in, and kissed him.

He froze.

I pulled back, smirked, and took a bite out of the chocolate stick I just got from him then I was told to sleep in the living room for tonight.

... It was all for the good, I thought to myself as I covered the thin blanket over myself.