Soraru's Diary - Entry #11

Date: 14th of August 2017.

Weather: I can't see the sun... 

This morning, I was at the kitchen making myself a cup of hot chocolate, a cup of coffee for Mafumafu. "Mafumafu has been eating a little too much of meat recently, so should I make us some salad?" I muttered to myself as I opened the fridge, withdrawing lettuces and tomatoes and then placing them on the kitchen counter. I threw two slices of bread into the toaster then proceeded to cut up the vegetables into decent mouth sizes.

A few days had passed after our live performance, and yet we were still pretty worn out. We were only able to rest up for a day or two before we had to go back to work. Especially Mafumafu since he would be releasing an album in mid October.

Which also explained why I was the one making breakfast for him.

But that was not the point. I was always glad to do something for him, because everyone knows how my Mafumafu doesn't take care of himself properly. It might seem that he could cook up a meal for himself, but most of the ingredients he used in his cooking were ready-made food. Like, come on, let us not talk about cooking rice, he doesn't even know how to wash them until I properly taught him once how to (it is now a matter of whether he remembers it or not).

I heard heavy footsteps heading my way as I mixed our salad with salad dressing in a salad bowl (a lot of salads). I ignored it, knowing whose footsteps they belonged to. There were only two people in this house, Mafumafu and I.

"Soraru-san!" he said loudly, stomping his foot on the ground.

"Stop that, you're going to wake the people living downstairs up if you keep stomping like that," I said without turning towards him. I was busy placing the cherry tomatoes onto the salad to make it look a little more appetizing before I picked the toasted breads out from the toaster.

"Soraru-san!!" he stomped on the ground once more, clearly wanting me to look at him, and I did.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"From today onward!" he said with a grumpy look on his face, and it was adorable even though I would never tell him that. He'd only get mad at me. But little did I know what was coming for me. "I will not rely on Soraru-san anymore!"

"... What?"

I couldn't believe what I just heard from him. He didn't want to rely on me anymore? It was a very straightforward sentence and yet it took me a while to let it sink into my brain, to understand and interpret the meaning of it. 

"I said, I will not rely on Soraru-san anymore!"

"No, no, no, I heard you," I put my head into my hand, shaking my head. My head started throbbing in pain. I massaged my temple in hope that it would ease my pain. Soraru-san was too old to handle something like this, this early in the morning. "Don't tell me... Are you at your rebellious stage of our relationship?"

"Wh-?!" Mafumafu staggered backwards and eventually hit the wall behind him. "Ow..."

I put down everything in my hands, and rushed over to him. As I reached out to him, he slapped my hand away.

"I'm fine!" he said before he ran back into our room.

Did Mafumafu just rejected me...?

I looked down and placed a hand over my chest. I didn't like this feeling inside of me. I looked at the door to our bedroom.

Are we breaking up?

Immediately after that, Mafumafu opened the door and stomped his way to me. I could see the guilt and panic in his eyes.

"There's no way we're breaking up!"

Oh, wait. Did I say it out loud?

"Yes, you did!"

"Oh," I muttered, feeling the weight on my chest being lifted. I was wondering if I did anything that upset him, because I had no recollection of anything bad at all, not to my knowledge, at least. "Then why did you say that?"

Mafumafu looked down at his feet as he twiddled with his thumbs.

"Promise you wouldn't laugh?" he said after a while, sounding a little hesitant as he looked back up at me with those adorable eyes. He always looked like a little bunny to me, even more so when he does this.

"I promise,"

"... I overheard the girls talking behind me when I was queuing for coffee the other day..." he began. He met my eyes and quickly looked away before he looked back at me again. He asked if I would really not laugh, just double-checking, he said then he continued. "They were saying how their boyfriends hate it when they rely too much on their boyfriends..."

"And?"

"... I thought that I needed to pick up my act, and stop relying too much on you," Mafumafu continued, his volume of his voice gradually getting smaller, and smaller. And it was like a quiet mutter at the end. "I didn't want us to break up..."

I didn't know whether I should cry or laugh back then, but all I remembered was that I hugged him after that, kissed him, and pampered him all day. He was fast asleep beside me as I write this, and if I could say something about what he said to me this morning, I'd say that caring for Mafumafu is my pleasure as he is a part of my world, my heart, my everything.