Soraru's Diary - Entry #3

Date: 15th January 2017

Weather: Sunny

Mafumafu's first ever one-man live ended a few hours ago. It was really amazing to see him stand on a stage that belongs to only himself when it's most of the time shared with me. He tried so hard to make everything go as planned, and look at him go. 

"That's my Mafumafu," I would think to myself as a smile crept up on my face. Everyone was so proud of him, I was proud of him, and he looked like he had a lot of fun.

He must have already felt nervous a week before the live. (I know because he clung onto me a lot more often than usual) But Mafumafu, you've done it so well, Soraru-san is so proud of you. Even though I have to say that I was a little lonely after realising that he no longer needed to depend on me.

And knowing Mafumafu, right after we both reached home, locked the doors to the front door, he immediately hugged me from behind when I was trying to take off my shoes and putting up my coat on the hanger at the same time. I didn't say anything for a while and let him, feeling his arms tighten around me as the time continued ticking.

"Soraru-san..." he called out my name, sniffling. The fabric of my shirt was dampened by his tears. I put my hands over his and slowly pried his arms away from me so I could turn around to look at him. Big drops of tears streamed down his face from his large, ruby red eyes, looking back at me. He placed his hands over mine that were on his cheeks, trying to wipe away the tears on his face.

Whenever he puts his guard down, whenever he finally thinks that it's okay, he would start crying out of relief. I smiled helplessly down at him as my attempts at stopping his tears from pouring down were in vain. Because of the live, he must have piled up all the stress inside. I was one to blame. If only I didn't fall sick, Mafu would have been able to rely a little bit more on me. He could have talked about all of his worries, and even if I wouldn't be of any help, I just wanted him to feel better after spilling them out.

Bending down a little, I pecked the corner of his swollen, red eyes softly, careful not to frighten him. And it somehow magically stopped his tears from falling, all he had to do was to regain his breath. I gently ran my hand down his back, hoping this would make him feel better. Mafumafu then slowly moved into my arms, hugging me tightly again. I sighed, and kissed him on the head before I carried him into my room.

I told him I wanted to take a quick shower, and he said he didn't want to be alone so we went in together. I managed to get him into warm clothes, and tucked him into bed. He hid half of his face under the blankets, staring up at me with his eyes. I told him to go to sleep and I'll take the couch in the living room tonight because I didn't want to bother him when he needs all the rest he needs.

He pulled onto my finger before I tried to take my leave. I turned back to look at him and he said, "I feel better with Soraru-san, so can't we sleep together?"

And so I climbed into bed after him, hugged him tight against my chest as I felt his arms wrap around me. He snuggled into me, and I gave him another kiss on the head.

Even though it was lonely to see him standing on stage without me, he's still my Mafumafu.

A/N: I'm trying to get back up!