Soraru's Diary - Entry #17

Date: 18th December 2019

Weather: It was raining quite a bit, I guess.

Mafumafu had been looking over at me a little too often recently.

I'm not saying like it was a bad thing or anything. In fact, it makes me happy to know that I was the only one he had in his eyes.

But when he does it a little too often, I couldn't help but feel as if something was up.

I glanced over at my lover who was seated across the room, sitting in his chair with his legs hugged to his chest and working on his new song. A lot of things had changed within the time I hadn't been writing in this book, but definitely not the two centimeters height difference between me and him (which irritates me, though it doesn't really matter in bed).

And well, I guess the most important part was the fact that Mafumafu got a lot more cuter than before, which honestly doesn't really help me with my situation. I ended up forgiving him most of the time, no matter what he did.

But the whole point for this new entry wasn't to be boasting about how adorable my Mafumafu is. 

I looked back at my own desktop's screen, and peeked at Mafumafu carefully, so not to let him know that I was looking at him. And there he was again, looking over at me, as if he had something he wanted to say.

I sighed, and I could pretty much imagine him flinch before he whipped his head away, forcing himself to stop staring at me.

After being together with him for this many years, it goes without saying that we would start to know each other better than ourselves, and I could say with confidence that I knew Mafumafu pretty well, though I wasn't quite sure for Mafumafu. It was about time he realised that I had long known that something was wrong.

It was not as if I knew what the problem was, though.

I continued typing away on my keyboard, clicked and dragged with my mouse so that I could finish work early and spend the rest of the day with Mafumafu. I was doing some changes on the next song upload I was going to do, and realised I was smiling when I remembered how Mafumafu praised me for doing a good job at this new song cover.

Heavens, just how could I think of Mafumafu in everything I was doing?

"Soraru-san,"

I jumped slightly as I was caught off guard, not expecting Mafumafu to suddenly call out to me. But I tried to not make it show.

"What is it?" I asked, turning my chair around so that I could take a good look at Mafumafu.

Did his eye bags get darker and heavier?

"Mm," Mafumafu simply said, and put out his fist at me.

It looked like there was something in it, and he wanted to give it to me. And so, by reflex, I put out of palm up at him, waiting for him to drop whatever it was in his fist.

But he did something out of my expectations.

Mafumafu placed his fist on my palm, opened it up to reveal nothing, but then he tangled all our fingers together and held my hand tightly in his.

"... Mafumafu-san?" I said, adding an honorific at the end of his name whenever I was feeling confused or troubled.

"I wanted to do this for a while now," Mafumafu squeezed my hand lightly. "Were you surprised?"

... Heavens... If he was going to be this adorable, how was I supposed to prioritise work before him?

After so many years of us being together, he just never learns, does he?