Hold My Hand

Both Soraru and Mafumafu were on their way back home by train. It was rather late at night, so there were not a lot of people on it, and it was just what they needed. It would be horrible to be stuck in a crowd after working for the entire day.

Even so, they chose to stand instead of taking a seat because they were only a few stations away. Soraru stood beside him, with his hand on the stanchion as he scrolled through his phone. Mafumafu did the same, checking out stuffs on social media since they didn't have time to do that during work.

And then he saw something interesting.

Soraru had his hand right above Mafumafu's on the stanchion, with a little distance in between. Mafumafu slowly slid his hand up the pole, and let his hand stick with Soraru's. Soraru lifted his eyes from his phone, and took a quick glance at Mafumafu before turning his attention back at it as he moved his hand on the pole up, away from Mafumafu's hand.

Mafumafu followed, and Soraru moved. The process was repeated until Soraru let out a sigh, and turned away from Mafumafu, his hand leaving the stanchion. Instead, he went to hold onto the hanging strap above their heads.

Mafumafu pouted.

"... You were supposed to hold my hand,"

"... What?"

Mafumafu turned the screen of his phone to Soraru, making him watch the video he was watching where the boyfriend would hold the girlfriend's hand when they did what they just do. Soraru cocked a brow at him.

"... I wanted you to hold my hand,"

Soraru let go of the hanging strap, and placed his hand back on the stanchion. He leaned in to Mafumafu, and whispered by his ear.

"There are people right over there,"

Mafumafu looked around.

"On your left,"

There were a group of girls chatting happily with each other but they were considerate enough to keep their voices down since it was already quite late, and everyone else was exhausted.

Mafumafu turned his head back to Soraru. Soraru moved his body so that he was on Mafumafu's left, placed one hand on the door behind them, making Mafumafu move a few steps back, and before he knew it, Soraru already closed in until there was zero distance between them. His lips touched his, gently, and then he opened his mouth for a bigger bite.

Knowing that he shouldn't be doing this, he pulled back after one bite to see Mafumafu staring disbelievingly up at him. Soraru stuck out a tongue at him, and went back to scrolling through his phone.

"I-Idiot! What if someone saw-!"

"I made sure there wasn't anyone on the right, and I got in the way of their sights on the left, so we should be fine,"

"Even so-!"

Before Mafumafu could finish his sentence, Soraru grabbed his hand in his.

"You wanted to hold hands, right?"

"... That's true but..."

"No one will notice," Soraru moved back to the left, and pulled Mafu to him so that he could lean on the wall behind him. He kept their hands low, and rubbed the back of Mafumafu's hand with his thumb. Mafumafu whimpered quietly at how much Soraru's actions were making his heart skip a beat. Soraru chuckled lightly at him. "What is it now?"

"... I love you," whispered Mafumafu. He couldn't take it, the feelings were overflowing inside of him. He needed to let it out.

"I love you too," Soraru smiled.

Mafumafu smiled shyly and tightened his hold on Soraru's hand, holding onto it until they got off the train.

END

A/N: I love writing in this book.