Chapter 16: Excluded

"J-Julia. Tell me what I did wrong.", Jonah struggled to say, a little loopy. "Oh, Jonah, you passed out underwater. You're okay now, you scared me so much, an ambulance is coming to pick you up.", "What? I can't go to the hospital! No way, we have so much to do!", "Don't worry about that, the boys will figure that out for you, right?", Julia turned to the rest of the boys. "Uh, Yeah, right.", Corbyn blurted out. "I hope.", Julia added.

The ambulance arrived. They started to load Jonah into the back. "You can decide amongst yourselves which one of you will be riding in the back with him. The others with have to go separately.", the driver said. "Julia.", the boys instantly said in unison. Julia nodded her head. She climbed in and they were no there way to the hospital.

"Honey, you should try to get some sleep.", a nurse said to Jonah. "So how did this all happen?", she asked. "The doctor would like to know.", "We we're swimming and he jumped into the pool. You see, he was standing on some chairs and one of them fell with him. He injured his leg and was unable to surface in time. He fell unconscious.", Julia said tearing up. "Okay, well, nothing we can't handle. We'll simply wrap the leg up and lubricate the wound. He will have to stay over night, but he should be fine in the morning to leave.", the nurse sighed. "How will you get to chlorine out of his system?", Julia asked. "He can do that himself, just simply throw up a few times, so if he does, don't be worried. In the morning we'll check to make sure there isn't any more chemicals, but if so, he will just take an antibiotic to get rid of it."

They arrived. They helped Jonah up and brought him to his room. They gave his Pepto Bismol and ginger ale. He was laying in the bed talking to Julia when the boys came in. "How are you?", Jack asked. "I'm fine, but a little washed.", Jonah yawned. "The nurse said you'd throw up a few times overnight- that's why your here. In the morning, you can come home.", Julia smiled. "Can you stay here with me?", Jonah asked. "Yeah, whatever you want.", Julia said.

The boys sat down and Alyssa, Sara and Lexi had finally arrived. They talked for a while but soon it was time to go. On and off through the night Julia woke up to the sounds of the toilet flushing. It was 1:00am and Jonah shuffled back into bed. That was the last time. Before they knew it the next morning they were back at the house.

"Don't tell anyone. Our fans will figure it out, and make a big deal.", Jonah sighed, his head in his hands. "I think everyone needs to know about this babe, they care about yo-", "No, Julia, I want to keep this a secret. I don't want anyone worrying." Jonah spoke.  "Fine.", Julia admitted.

Corbyn walked into the room. "We need to get ready to go shopping.", he said. Jonah got out of bed and went up stairs with Julia close behind. They walk upstairs to his room. He took off his pants and Julia observed the wound he still had. "I'll be right back, we'll just have to wrap it up.", she said. She leaves the room and Jonah sits there thinking: I'm so glad I have her as my girlfriend. I'm not sure what I'd do without her. She walked back into the room with some wrap. She pulls his leg towards her body and wraps the bandage around it. "There you go. That will hold for now. We should take it off tomorrow to let the wound dry out.", she smiled.

They arrived at the mall after a long car ride. They did some shopping, with frequent stops for pictures in between. A girl walked up to them and said, "Excuse me? Can I take a picture with you guys?" Jack shook his head. They got in their positions before Alyssa took the picture. The girl turned to Jonah and asked, "I only would like to take pictures with these four. Could you leave?" She asked. Disappointed and blushing, he turned and walked toward Julia, who was annoyed. After they took a few pictures Julia turned to the girl and asked, "Just wondering, why can't Jonah be in a band picture?", "Because I think he's less talented than the others.", she replied, then turned away and left. Julia turned back and looked at Jonah. "Less talented? I most certainly beg to differ.", she pointed out. "It's okay, I'll be fine." Jonah said. "I won't deal with that. I'm sorry I just can't.", Julia snickered back.