Chapter 18: Broken

"Stop chasing me!", Jack yelled at Daniel, who wanted to play tag.

"Not until I tag you! The you chase me.", Daniel screams.

Julia woke up from the screams and Daniel laughing. She opened her eyes and saw Jonah's chest up against her face. His arms were wrapped around her.

"Oof.", She murmured. She looked up at Jonah's face, who was still asleep. She tried to escape his embrace, but he pulled her back and kissed her forehead.

" 'Morning, Babe.", Jonah said With morning breath.

"Ugh, your breath.", Julia laughed. "Brush your teeth please."

Jonah did exactly that. They both got up, took showers, and got dressed. Julia went downstairs with Jonah close behind.

"Busy day today, Santino. At least for the Why Don't We boys, and their girlfriends.", Macey said as Jonah and Julia wandered into the kitchen. Macey looked at Julia and then looked down at her bacon and eggs and took a bite.

"Waffles?", Julia asked while yawning.

"Yeah, Thanks.", Jonah said.

Julia made waffles for Jonah and whoever else wanted some. Jonah gobbled then down and then everyone instantly went to the houses and  apartments of the following: The Why Don't We house, Alyssa and Sara's apartment, and Lexi's house. They rented a U-Haul to carry everyone's belongings back and forth. They kept the special furniture to help finish off the furnishing for the house. Once the got all the belongings from the old living situations, they went home and started unpacking them. Most of the packages were easy to unpack, but others were harder. Julia was helping Jonah unpack his things into their room. Julia was trying to carry a heavy box over her head- trying to seem cool, that is. She couldn't support the box's weight anymore and it dropped, hitting her head and creating a loud crash. She was half passed out, barely able to make out what Jonah was trying to say.

"Julia, are you okay?!", Jonah asked. Julia heard those words in a light, echoed voice. She looked up at Jonah and then the room went black. She woke up in a hospital bed.

"Julia, are you okay?", Jonah said once more. She could hear the beeping of the Heart Rate Monitor ringing in her ear. The doctor had left.

"Jonah I-", she tried to speak, but had no control over her body. A nurse walked into the room.

"Hey, cutie, do you want to see the food court? I'd like it if you joined me.", the nurse said nervously and seductively.

"No, I'm just here to see my girlfriend.", Jonah emphasized.

"Honey, she doesn't need to know about me. And if your good at this, she's not  going to here this from me.

JULIAS POV:

I just wanted to cry. I watched as the nurse put a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door and closed it behind her. Jonah went to sit on the couch in the room, my eyes followed. The nurse's lips crashed against Jonah's. I couldn't believe what he was doing to me. The kiss grew into more, I watched as he didn't hesitate to stop. I loved Jonah with my heart, yet he's throwing it away in place of a nurse. I tried to pull my hand towards my face. I couldn't, but, rather than before, I was able to turn my head.

NARRATOR:

Jonah caught a glimpse of Julia's head move to watch. He immediately pushed the thirsty nurse out of himself, putting his clothes back together.

"Julia, you're awake!", Jonah cried tears of joy.

As the nurse quickly left, Julia saw the lipstick on Jonah's neck, and chose not to answer- even though she, for some reason, physically couldn't.

"Julia? Julia answer me! Please I can't lose you you're my everything.", Jonah cried, but this time it sounded light and echoed like before, before everything went black. With that, everything did exactly so.

Julia couldn't see anything. She had so many questions:

Does Jonah love me?

Are we dating just for show to him?

Has he hooked up with others before?

Does he know that nurse?

Was he forced to do what he did?

I can't. I don't understand.