Two Sides Of The Same Coin- Once-Ler X Reader Chapter Six

Housemates And The Second Incident

Weeks later, after she had officially moved into the his cottent, (Name) hovered over Once-ler's shoulder as he worked on another Thneed. "Oncie, I really hate to break it to you, but I..." She trailed off and shut her mouth.

"You what?" He asked, tilting his head but not taking his eyes off of his knitting.

"I... you know what? Nevermind." She shook her head.

He put down his knitting and looked at her. "What is it, woman?" He teased.

"Well... I really don't want to be mean, but it doesn't seem like a lot of people want to buy a Thneed." She said quickly. "I was just thinking out loud, I'm sorry."

He sighed and stared at the anamorphic pink blob of tuft-wool in front him before setting it down on a table. "Can you pass me that bag of marshmallows?" He asked.

(Name) handed it to him, watching him tear it open and pop a few in his mouth as he leaned back in his chair, apparently deep in thought. He tapped his foot in a rhythmic pattern on the ground as he chewed.

"Was it what I said? I'm sorry, I was being kind of harsh." (Name) apologised.

He waved a hand at her dismissively. "It's not you, I'm just thinking."

She nodded, patting him on the shoulder. "Right. Hey, I can make us some pie if you want?" She suggested.

He grinned. "Sounds good! I'll finish up this and then come join you." He picked up his Thneed again and continued working on it.

She watched Once-ler's shoulders over the back of the chair as she worked on the table, and suddenly felt rather cold. She spotted a small twitch in his shoulders before he continued his normal knitting pattern. "It's kinda cold in here, huh?" She stated.

"Shush." He said in a rather irritated tone.

She did a double take. "Hey, I was just-"

He swung around and glared at her, and she was struck by the fact that his eyes were a rather piercing green instead of their normal bright blue. "Didn't I tell you to shut up?" He growled.

She nodded, silent and wide-eyed, returning to the pie, but watching him out of the corner of her eye.

Eventually, he shook out the finished Thneed and draped it over the chair before wandering over to her and leaning on the table. "So. What kind of pie is it?" He asked shortly.

"Apple. You said a few days ago you liked apple pie." She said carefully.

Once-ler nodded. "Good. Well, I'm going to go chop a few trees for the tufts. I'll be back." He started towards the door.

"Hey!" (Name) turned to him. "You don't need to cut them down, you know!"

He spun and marched back, poking a finger in her face and forcing her back. "How about you just keep doing your little things and leave me to do my job, got it?!" He yelled.

She flinched back. "Ok, ok!" She said hurriedly. "No need to shout!"

He just laughed, rather cruelly, and left, slamming the door behind him in a similar fashion to Whint.

(Name) sighed. Suddenly, living in this beautiful forest with Once-ler didn't seem so appealing anymore...