36 : kisses and parts

"Stop pacing, its making me nervous." Joe said to his girlfriend, letting out a small sigh as he grabbed her arm and tugged her into his lap.

"You're nervous? I'm the one who's either going to get or not get a casting call for the only role I actually enjoyed auditioning for!" Valoria said with a huff, attempting to shake herself off of Joe's lap as his grip on her hips tightening.

"Okay, one: you're going to get the role because you're incredible and you worked hard, and two: stop shaking your hips in my lap." Joe said with a small chuckle, and Valoria allowed his words to set in for a moment, her cheeks flaring up as she gave him an embarrassed smile. "Oops."

He rolled his eyes as a laugh escaped him, shaking his head slightly. "You're a unique case, Val Wolfhard."

She adjusted her seating position, putting her knees on either side of his hips as she gave him a smile. "Hopefully that's a good thing?"

He laughed softly, leaning forward to press his forehead against hers. "It's a great thing, actually."

Valoria could feel heating up as she met her lips with Joe's, kissing him softly. He returned the kiss immediately, kissing her back with more intensity than the brunette began with.

Her arms moved to wrap around his neck, tugging herself closer to him as he squeezed her waist, deepening the kiss ever so slightly. Joe didn't want the kiss to grow too intense that he walked out sexually frustrated, but he did want enough to leave him wanting more. But then again, Valoria left him always wanting more.

Although Joe had no plans to go any further, Valoria parted her lips, bringing her body closer to his as his tongue slipped into her mouth, the kiss consuming more of Valoria's thoughts while her fingers entangled themselves into his hair.

Joe pulled away after a moment, his lips moving down her neck in fervent kisses, finding certain spots and sucking on the skin gently. Valoria let out a soft moan once he hit her sweet spot, causing him to smirk against her skin as he spent more time working delicately on that area of skin. Joe's hands moved underneath the oversized sweater she wore, gripping the bare skin of her hips as he moved back up to meet her lips.

They kissed till they were breathless, eventually pulling away for mutual need for air. Joe took a moment to glance at Valoria's skin, his gaze lingering on the spot where he was most aggressive.

"You may have a hickey or two tomorrow." Joe admitted with a faint blush, letting out a soft chuckle. Valoria laughed softly, shrugging her shoulders as her fingers continued to comb through Joe's hair. "I don't mind that."

"Do you also not mind how intense the kiss just got?" Joe asked her with a nervous glance and Valoria shook her head, a small smile playing on her lips. "I would have pulled away if it got to intense, but it didn't."

She let out a small breath, "I wouldn't have minded if it got more intense, either."

Joe's gaze shifted from confused to dark as he stared at Valoria, taking in her words. "What happened to taking it slow?"

Val giggled slightly, leaning forward to press her body against his. "Are you saying you don't want this?"

"Oh, believe me I do," Joe said with a small laugh, "but I also don't want you to hold any regrets."

Valoria shook her head, leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to Joe's lips. "I could never regret anything with you. Joe. Honestly. Maybe that's why I'm okay with it."

He smiled softly, removing one hand from her hip to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear then cupped her face and leaned in to press a kiss to her lips. Just as their lips met, Valoria's phone, which sat on the sofa cushion beside them, went off. The couple pulled away, started, as Valoria answered her phone eagerly.

She was barely paying attention to what her agent was saying, however she knew the news when she heard it. Valoria closed the line with her agent after a moment, turning to Joe with a wide grin and joyful tears welling in her eyes. "I got the part."

Joe pulled her into his embrace with a wide grin, lifting her off the ground slightly as he squeezed her in his arms. "I'm so proud of you, you deserve this."

He set her down gently, placing a soft kiss onto the top of her head as he gazed at her wide grin and flushed cheeks. "You know what I'm about to tell you, right?"

She pouted, letting out a huff. "You killed my fun."

He let out a small chuckle, tightening his grip around her waist and pulling her closer. "You haven't been to your house in almost a week now, and you've barely seen Finn twice. He misses you and so do you, go home."

"I don't want to face my mom," Valoria sighed, resting her head on Joe's chest. "I just want to stay here."

"Didn't you used to have fights like this with your mom before?"

"Yes, but I'd face her drunk later on."

She heard Joe let out a small sigh, "Look, I'm not gonna dictate your life, but I think you need to bury whatever history you have with your mom and lay it in the past. Holding grudges won't get you anywhere in life, and you both have a mutual interest you want to keep happy."

She pulled away from his chest, reaching up to wrap her arms around his neck. "You suck when you're right."

Joe laughed, leaning down to rest his forehead against hers. "I'm trying to be a mediator."

"Are you saying you didn't like having me here for two nights?"

"Oh, no I really liked that." Joe laughed, "But you also did ditch me for two nights for Natalia, so I am kind of spiteful."

Valoria giggled, pressing a small kiss to Joe's lips. "Thank you for putting up with me."

He grinned, "I told you I'm here till the end, that still stands."

Valoria smiled brightly, her chest exploding with another round of butterflies as she kissed Joe once again, this time with more depth. She tried to ignore the fact there that three little words lingered on her lips for a moment and that she almost said them aloud. Instead, she focused herself on him and on the impending visit home she really did not want.

(note !)
HELLO ANGELS firstly if you want i started a natalia dyer fic however it is gxg so idk give that a read if ya want, and i started a dacre fic not too long ago so yeah! SECONDLY THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 52k READS AND ALSO FOR THE FACT THAT THIS BOOK IS #99 IN FANFICTION OH MY G O SH !!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! SO MUCH LOVE TO ALL OF YOU!!