17 : break downs and talks

Valoria stood up off her bed, stumbling slightly as she headed into the bathroom for a shower. She could see the floor of her bedroom littered with alcohol bottles, food wrappers, and tissues but the brunette could care less.

She took a long, much needed shower, attempting to empty her mind. Valoria had left Joe on read for three days, ignoring Natalia till she barged into her bedroom last night, and ignored most of Finn's concerns. Once the brunette could feel her body wrinkling, she stepped out of the shower and headed to her bedroom.

With a small sigh, the girl slipped on an oversized shirt and jean shorts. She stared at her bedroom for a moment before decided to clean it, sick of the pity she felt for herself. Valoria was unsure whether she was going to meet with Joe, but some part of her still wanted to pick herself up.

She had fallen into a spiral after that night, getting wasted in the afternoon and barely eating for the span of two days. Valoria could hear Finn reminding her to stop, that she couldn't go back to who she was, but she let it all get to her.

She didn't even do anything to cause her to spiral, but rather she caused her own downfall. Valoria let her own disgusting over thinking cause her to lose so much, and now all she did was regret it.

Once her room was remotely clean, Valoria stepped out to the living room, where Finn was playing guitar. She sat down beside him on the sofa, causing him to let out a saracastic, bitter laugh. "Look who decided to live!"

"I'm sorry," Valoria sighed, reaching out to grab her brother's hand. "I shoved you away when you were right. I can't keep letting myself fall apart every time I get hurt, I can't keep pushing people away."

The younger Wolfhard let out a small 'tsk', shaking his head. "I don't care about the fact that you shoved me away, I care about the fact that you didn't listen to me. I had to come into your room and empty out those shitty bottles of vodka you attempted to hide from me three nights ago."

Valoria let out a sigh, "Those bottles were a mistake. I'm not doing that again, I promise you. I got drunk twice, that's all."

"Twice can turn into every day, you and I both know that." Finn retorted, staring at his sister. "I didn't have you for two years because of it, I can't go through that again, not now."

"I know." Valoria sighed, "You always have me, always. I'm never going to be that person again."

"At least back then I had mom, now I barely do. I can't lose both of you." Finn said lowly, causing Valoria to let out a sharp breath.

She sat up properly, cupping her younger brother's face between her hands, her gaze staring into his eyes. "Finn, angel, I'm never going to leave you. I promised you that two years ago and that promise still stands strong. I will be there for everything, the bad and good. I know how shitty your parents are, and how shitty my mom is, and I'm not letting you have no one. I'm here, always."

Finn grinned weakly, taking the guitar off his lap so he could hug his sister. "I love you loads, Va-loser."

Valoria chuckled, wrapping her arms around the boy and giving him a small squeeze. "And I love you, frog boy."

She knew all was good with Finn, and now she had another male to make amends with. As if he read her mind, Finn pulled away from her, "You need to talk to Joe."

Valoria let out a frustrated sigh, "I'm well aware of that, thank you."

Finn laughed gently, standing up to turn on the TV and Wii. "Look, I'm being honest. And while you'rs at it, tell him everything. Stop locking it all in."

"I will, tomorrow night actually." Valoria huffed, "You know, for someone who should be younger than me, you give great advice."

Finn beamed, laughing slightly as he sat back down beside her, two remotes in hand. "I'll take that as a compliment. Now, wanna play Mario Kart?"

Valoria grinned, taking a control from him. "You're going down."

"We'll see about that."

(note !)
this story jumped almost 1k reads in one night and i'm still in utter shock. thank you so much