Onward To Beacon

Y/N's POV

I woke up to my alarm. I tried pressing the button to turn it off but it wouldn't shut up so, being the problem solver I am, I unplugged it, opened the window, and chucked it as far as I could, watching it fall into the forest.

"I won't need that anymore anyways."

In my good mood, I walked down the stairs and entered the kitchen. My mom was there making bacon and eggs as my dad was sitting at the table, reading the paper.

"Good morning honey." my mom said.

"Good morning." I replied, taking an apple from the counter.

"Here you go." my mother told me, handing me two plates of fresh food. "Give the other one to your father will you?"

"Hell naw, that's just more food for me." I responded.

My mom laughed.

"I'd like to see you tell that to your father."

I looked over at dad to see him glaring at me.

"I know, I know," I told him." Any attempts at taking your food will result in me being decked in the face."

"Good." He chuckled. "It's nice to know I raised you so well."

I sat down, my mother following suit. As we began eating my mother asked.

"So are you excited to be heading to Beacon today?"

"Of course!" I replied enthusiastically," if I move out I party all night, drink as much as I want, get into trouble..."

I looked up at my mother, who was not amused.

"I'm kidding." I reassured her.

For the most part anyway.

"Well son, can you promise me something?" My dad asked.

"It depends,"I told him, "Is it something I can actually do?"

"Try not to die any earlier than you're supposed to, and don't be like me."

"Meaning...?"" my mother asked.

"Try to find yourself a nice girl before you turn 30." he said.

I choked on my food, coughing it up quickly.

"I don't know dad..."

"Why not?" Mom asked me," You're a handsome young boy,and you've found someone before.Besides, I'm sure it wouldn't be as hard for you as it was for your dad."

"Geez ma, I think you adopted some fire from the stove because, that was a nasty burn."

My mom chuckled as she looked towards my dad.

"But, on a serious note..."

My last statement drew the attention of my parents.

"Blake doesn't count, we were just freinds.You know about the other and...I probably should stay away from girls, it wouldn't be fair for them. It's not like I'll live as long as they will."

My dad smacked me upside the head.

"What did I tell you?" he asked me.

"To not be like one of those little shits I read about on Wattpad?"

"Exactly. Don't push yourself away to protect others, it rarely ever works anyway."

"He has a point." My mother declared.

I finished my plate and left.

"I'm gonna get ready, Dad can you drive me to the landing pad?"

"Pffft, yeah right!" he replied.