Weiss Schnee

Y/N's POV

I sat in the library, working on Grimm studies. Weiss sat to my left working on the same assignment. Despite being the smartest one on our team, she had asked me, of all people, for help. After about the fourth time she said something about not understanding the subject, I cut her off.

"What're you up to?" I asked her.

"W-what do you mean?" She asked nervously.

I looked at her like, 'seriously?' and she dropped her act.

"Alright, I admit it, I know exactly what I'm doing."

"Why did you feel the need to lie to me about it? What was the point of all this?" I asked her, purely out of curiosity.

"Well, I know that I haven't exactly been what you call friendly.." she started, poking her fingers together while looking off to the side.

"And?" I asked, knowing that there was more to it than that.

"I wanted to spend time with you."

I chuckled to myself, then started laughing. I kept laughing until the librarian shushed me.

"What's so funny?" Weiss asked.

"You could've just asked, but you decided to go through a whole lot of hard work in creating this plan of yours. I admire your resolve."

I stood up and held out my hand.

"Come on snowflake."

She took my hand and sat up.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Somewhere." I explained flatly, as I pulled her out of the library and started running.

Weiss's POV

I blushed lightly when grabbed my hand. He was so spontaneous, it's why I liked him. Not to mention handsome. We stopped when we reached our dorm.

"What're we doing here?" I asked (Y/N).

"Not we, you," He explained." Why don't you change into something more casual, it's after school hours."

"What're you gonna do?"

"I'm going to prepare for our little outing."

And with that, he left.

I entered the dorm and opened the closet.

Casual,casual, do I have anything like that?

I looked at the array of dresses I had, but nothing like what (Y/N) was probably thinking of. I kept thinking about my options when my eyes fell on an outfit on the far end.

Well, I could wear that...

Y/N's POV

10 minutes later, everything was all set so I walked back to the dorm. By the time I got there, Weiss was leaving the room. What I saw amazed me.

Weiss...

In jeans, sneakers and a light blue sweater...

With her hair down...

I blinked a few times to make sure it wasn't my meds pulling tricks on me.

"H-how do I look?" she asked.

To be specific on her appearance, she wore black converse with dark skinny jeans. Her light blue sweater had sleeves that covered half of her hands. Her sweater was leaning to one side, exposing her shoulder.

She waved her hand in front of my face.

"Hello? Anyone in there?"

I nodded my head no.

"Sorry, you're gonna have to come back later, no one's home."

She smiled.

"Come on, goofball."

She took my arm and held onto it, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Weiss, you look nice. Much less stressed out too."

"Thank you."

I chuckled to myself as I stopped walking.

"What is it now?" she asked.

"We're going the wrong way." I told her.

She laughed shortly before we turned around and headed toward our destination.

Weiss's POV

It didn't take me long to figure out we were headed toward Beacon Cliff. As we approached it, a blanket and a basket came into view. The sun was only 20 minutes away from setting. My heart skipped a beat. this was so romantic I couldn't believe it!

We sat down and started talking. It started with school, then our team, and then it was finally about each other.

"What about you Weiss, any siblings?"

"Well, there's my older sister, Winter, and my step-brother, Whitley."

"Ooh, step-brother. I'm gonna guess you don't like him." he stated.

"Well, he can be... difficult at times. You're lucky, being an only child must be great."

"At first, it would seem like that." (Y/N) said.

"What do you mean?"

"To be honest, it got lonely pretty often, back when I was younger."

"Didn't you have friends?"

He laughed, confusing me.

"Nah, I was too much like Ruby back then. I! Drink! Milk!" He said, quoting Ruby.

I laughed at his reference.

"So no friends at all?" I asked him.

"Nope. Not since I moved here from Menagerie, which is where I met Blake."

I inwardly cringed at the mention of Blake. Don't get me wrong I don't hate her, I was just jealous that she got to share a bed (Y/N).

The sun was shining beautifully. (Y/N) and I watched in silence, my head resting on his shoulder. I looked up at him, and he looked down towards me. I didn't know what I was thinking, but, at that moment, I leaned up and kissed him.

Fireworks went off in my brain, but something was off. He didn't return the favor.

I looked at him, worried.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

He sighed before speaking.

"First, you need to know that this," he said, gesturing to our picnic," is probably one of the greatest moments of my life."

He cupped my face with his hands and wiped away the tears that had already started falling, looking into my eyes. I wasn't dumb, I knew where this was going.

"But, this can't happen. We can't happen."

"Why?" I asked him,"What's the problem?"

A steady stream of tears started to flow down my face.

"There are things that are happening in my life, and for you get caught up in them would be unfair."

He looked me in the eyes as he spoke.

"I promised my old man I wouldn't do this, but I'm avoiding relationships for now. I don't want to break anyone's heart."

He pulled me closer to him and kissed me on the forehead.

"Let's just enjoy this for the time being."

And we did, forgetting about what had just transpired and enjoying what little time of the sunset we had left.