Petals Scatter II

Y/N's POV

"Come on, Weiss. Talk to me"

"I told you, she doesn't want to see you Y/n..." She sighed.

It had been almost a week s since she jumped to a conclusion about our relationship. At first, she didn't leave her bed but soon progressed to going to classes, and she made sure not to talk to me, or make eye contact, and it hurt me more to see her in pain.

On top of that, being left as abruptly and unexpectedly had left me heartbroken. The others had tried to cheer me up, and I was grateful, but Ruby gave off a certain light that the others just couldn't.

I was currently trying to find out where Ruby was hiding from me as Weiss and I walked back to their dorm.

"I know, but I need her to know that she didn't hear the full thing. Just, tell me where she is."

Weiss turned around and looked at me with the cold glare she usually greeted others with.

"Do you really think that's all she's upset about?"

"W-well, I did, but now I'm thinking otherwise..."

"I want you to think about how much you love Ruby and how much you've shown it."

I started thinking about the time we spent together, confused about what Weiss was trying to tell me until it became clear.

"Weiss, I'm an idiot."

"Oh really? And why's that."

"I've never told her I loved her, I haven't spent as much time with her alone, I-i-i..."

"You've basically been neglecting her, and now that you know, you should go find her in that one corner of the library Blake likes to hang around."

She kissed me good luck before disappearing into her dorm.

I almost sprinted to Ruby, leaving the dorm building, crossing the courtyard, and into the academics building, passing through a hallway until I reached the library, where I found Ruby, just leaving.

Noticing me, she started walking faster and avoided making eye contact by looking at the floor. She pushed passed me and started down the hallway, where I followed.

"Ruby." I called

She sped up, almost at a light jog, I caught up to her.

"Ruby, I want to talk to you."

She kept quiet, activating her semblance without notice as she burst through the courtyard. In order to keep up, I turned my arms into shotguns and propelled myself in a fashion similar to Yang. I wouldn't have caught her if she hadn't turned to the Beacon Cliff area, cornering herself.

"Ruby..."

"Please...go away..."

"I won't."

Tears came to her eyes.

"Can't you see?! I'm doing this for you!" Ruby cried.

"What are y-"

"I'm not smart like Weiss, I'm not pretty like Yang, and unlike Blake I haven't known you for years!"

"Ruby, just l-"

"I'm not special, Y/n! I'm just a girl who stopped a robbery! It's better that I stay away because I'm just a drag!"

"Ruby, how can you say that?"

"Because it's the truth! The whole point of sharing you was so that the four of us could make you happy, but...that's n-not working!

"Of course it is! Ruby, these past couple of weeks have been the best of my entire life!"

"No thanks to me! I haven't done anything uniquely special with you, and you clearly don't want to...just admit it Y/n, you don't care about me..."

"I do though, Ruby..."

"Don't lie to me."

"Ruby, I really do love you."

She sobbed in response, "Stop..."

"I love you so much."

She took a step back toward the cliff, "No you don't!"

Anxious, I motioned for her to come closer.

"R-ruby, come here, let me hold you."

"No!" She yelled,taking whither step back.

"Ruby Rose, I love you with all of my heart."

"LIAR!

With her final outburst, she lost her balance, and all I could think of was saving her.

Ruby's POV

All I could do was scream his name as I watched him fall over the edge after he had thrown me to safety. I rushed to the leche and tried to reach for him.

"Y/n! NOOOOOOOOOOO"

I cried relentlessly as I watched his body crash to the ground with a sickening crunch.