Confessions

Ruby's POV 

I watched as Ava and (Y/N) were joking around and having fun. It made me sad. He said he couldn't have a girlfriend, yet here he is with some other girl that he's had for three years. If he had a girlfriend he could've just told me. I sighed, as (Y/N) and Ava kept walking and I, along with my team, turned right, entering our dorm. I put my stuff down, and jumped up onto my bed. I laid down, staring at the ceiling. 

"What's wrong Ruby?" Yang asked.

 "I'm fine Yang......"

"I thought you weren't supposed to be depressed until Volume 4."

 I groaned, her jokes were dumb, my feelings were dumb..... 

"Boys are dumb..." 

"What was that?" Yang asked. 

Oh no... I said that out loud! 

"Boys are dumb." I repeated. 

"Y/N?" 

"Yup."

 "If it makes you feel better I don't think it's going to last long, with Ava that is." Blake added.

 Just then Weiss exploded. "He said he didn't want a relationship! He said, that evening on the hill was one of the greatest moments of his life! If he had a girlfriend why did he lead me on like a PERNICIOUS ASSHOLE!?!?!?!"

 We were all quiet.

 "He...he was the first guy I've ever lik-.... no, loved." She continued, "I knew we weren't a thing, but it still hurt when Ava came around..."

 Weiss began to cry and I sat next to her, comforting her. 

"I feel the same way... just .... less rage and more hurt." 

"What I hate the most..." Weiss sobbed," Is that I'm still into him, but he doesn't want me.... Is this how Jaune feels?" 

"Nah, he doesn't have it nearly as bad as you do." Yang told her. 

"How do you two feel? About Ava?" I asked. 

"I knew, so I wasn't surprised....but" Blake said. 

"I don't know..." Yang said, "Impassive, I guess... but..."

 "But what?" Weiss asked, finally done crying her heart out.

"I still like him." 

"Six years and I still love him." Blake said. 

"We need to tell him..." I mumbled. 

"NO! What are you? Crazy? We'd all be rejected again." Weiss protested. 

"He's still a part of our team," I explained," and if we are going to be able to work together we need to have our feelings in check. It's like Yang. When she's angry her fighting gets sloppy. Come on, we're doing this now, before I change my mind." 

We all left the dorm and Weiss wiped her tears away. We entered the second year dorm building and went up to his room. Just outside we could hear them talking. 

"....you said one more week." 

"No! Not yet please." 

"I'm sorry Ava..." 

Silence. 

"I only came to visit you...and now you're leaving me." 

"I have to, and you know why. I'd be lying if I said this didn't hurt me, but it does." 

"We can still be friends though, right?" 

"Of course, you can write me letters this time around though."