Ava's Story

Y/N's POV

Light shone through the window, directly into my eyes, waking me from my sleep. I groaned, sitting upright. Ava moved around in bed next to me. I looked back at her to see her smiling.

"~Morning sexy.~"

She wrapped her hands around my neck and pulled me back into bed.

"Come one, we gotta get up." I told her.

"Nope." Ava responded, cuddling closer to me.

I exhaled in defeat, wrapping an arm around her pulling her closer.

"10 more minutes." I said as she nestled closer to me.

About 3 minutes later I got a message on my scroll from Yang.

Where are you? You left last night and never came back.

Dorm 154, I spent the night over here.

I put my scroll down and continued laying in bed with Ava.

Moments later I heard footsteps by the door. Thinking it was someone else ignored it. That is, until Yang barged into the room. Ava frantically tried to cover herself with the sheets.

Yang instantly turned red and looked away.

"I am so sorry!"

She left immediately after.

"So much for 10 more minutes." Ava grumbled.

As we started getting dressed we heard more voices outside.

"Where's (Y/n)? You said you would go get him." Weiss asked Yang.

"He's busy. Don't bother him."

"What could he be doing in the morning that's so important?"

I chuckled to myself as I heard Yang try to bullshit her way through this one.

"W-well, it's more like he's tired from what he was d-doing last night."

"And what would that be?" I heard Blake ask.

"Um.. er he was..."

Weiss spoke next.

"You're acting strange, like you're covering up for him. What's going on? What was he doing?" She interrogated.

Finished getting dressed, we left the dorm. Silence encompassed the group until I was asked that same question.

"What were you doing last night?" Ruby asked.

I froze. How the hell was I gonna explain this?

"Me." Ava stated nonchalantly.

"Smooth Ava, real smooth." I said sarcastically.

Blake, Weiss, and Yang all turned beet red. Ruby looked at everyone confused.

"I still don't get it."

I put my face into my hand as Ava started to explain.

"Let's just say (Y/n) and I had a lot of fun last night."

"Okay."

I smiled to myself, she was so innocently oblivious, it was kind of adorable.

We got down to the cafeteria had had breakfast. Everything was normal until Ava leaned into my ear.

"I want to talk to you."

I looked over at her and the look in her eyes was a strange mixture of seriousness, initiative, and...

sadness?

"Sure, right now?"

"No, eventually but not now. Do you think we could spend the day together?"

"Of course."

Three hours later we were sitting in the park, underneath a large oak tree.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Not yet." She replied, kissing my cheek.

"Okay. Just tell me when."

"You'll know."

We sat in silence for a while, simply enjoying the late morning until Ava broke the serenity.

"So, last night..."

"Yeah?"

"That was..."

"Amazing?" I asked.

"A mistake."

I looked at her, confused.

"What?"

"It shouldn't have happened. At least, not last night anyway. To be honest, it wasn't how it's supposed to be.

"Explain." I said calmly.

"Doing that is supposed to be loving, showing that you really care about the other person. That's not what happened."

"It is for me." I told her

"But not on my side of the story. To be honest, I think I was... was..."

"Was what?"

"Filling in the gap of three years without human contact." she answered.

Silence filled the seemingly abandoned park.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"There's not much to talk about. It was just sleep, eat, train, repeat. Every day. Alone..." her voice wavering as she finished speaking.

I pulled her closer and within seconds she was crying into my shoulder. I held her, just comforting her as she vented three long years of loneliness. After about ten minutes she stopped. She looked up at me, sniffling. She kissed me before resting her head on my shoulders.

We stayed there, in the peacefully quiet park. Soon after, something was off. I stood up, thinking we were being watched, but I soon learned that was a mistake. Sweat trickled precariously down my forehead as my legs felt weak. I felt dizzy and couldn't see clearly.

"(Y/N)?" Ava asked.

"G-get help." I told her, just before an excruciating pain planted itself in my abdomen and I coughed up a fair amount of blood. It was at this point I realized that I had forgotten to take my meds last night, or this morning.

I heard Ava calling someone as the world darkened around me. I smiled up at her blurry figure, hoping to comfort her, before passing out.