Chapter 1

I am counting the days by now. I have been alive for many years and I am still looking for something that I don't even know if it is exist in this world. I am looking for something that I don't know. When life turned you down not once, not twice, not even thrice, but as many times that you can't count. You will feel numbed. Now, I don't even know how to move my lips to form a smile. It's so funny how simple things becomes extraordinary. It is me. It is the ordinary me. Sometimes, it feels too tired sitting alone and waiting for their command. How I wish, someday, I can be on the top. I want to feel on how to be on top. How I wish, someday, the spotlight is on me. Well, that's what I hope but I know it will never happen.

         I stomped my feet on the floor. I have been waiting for half of one hour and I am standing for half of one hour because the buses going to Ortigas are all full. I already feel the heat from the sun and from those coming from the smokes of the vehicles. And, I can't stay not covering my nose because of those cigarette smokers here in the waiting shed. My God! I left our house too early but I am still here. My watch says that it is already seven o'clock in the morning and I only have of half of one hour before my interview starts at eight o'clock in the morning. My God! I need this job. I need it badly. The moment the next bus arrived, I started pushing other passengers. I don't care if I'm wearing a skirt and a three-inches pointed heels, because this is the common business attire that required to wear for the applicants, I have no choice. And I don't care if there were an older woman or an older man passengers, or a pregnant woman or even a person with disabilities. My good manners and right conduct was not on me right now. I left them at home. I don't have the whole time in earth to distinguish which one who need to be prioritize first. For this moment, I need myself to get this ride. The hell I care to them. I started pushing them and I sat on the first vacant chair that I saw.

Time check, it's already ten minutes before eight o'clock. I am now in front of the building. Wow! I walked directly to the front desk officer, well, I almost run.

"Hi! Good Morning! I'm Cyrene Dela Vega. I have a scheduled interview today with Ma'am Deborah." I advised her on my arrival.

"Please proceed to fourth floor and advise the front desk that you're already here". She said.

"Alright. Thank you" I replied.

I almost run to reach the elevator and it almost full when I arrived. I pushed myself to get inside.

"Sorry, excuse me. " I said.

I heard a mourn at my back.

" Ouch! Watch out. Your heels are too sharp. " he said.

"I'm sorry." I said and I pushed the button of the elevator to fourth floor.

The elevator stops in the second floor and four people stepped inside. The elevator is already full. The passengers kept on pushing us repeatedly at the back so they will have a space inside.

"Ouch! Watch out! You stomped my foot again." he said.

"I'm so sorry. It was an accident." I said.

The passengers were repeatedly pushing us inside until my back was already felt the muscled chest at my back. I was already leaning to him. I wasn't able to turned back to him to apologize because of the situation here. I can't move.

I can already feel the pain on my feet. Ouch! What the-? This tiny girl stomped my feet not once, but twice. The elevator is already full and we are compressed like a sardines in a can. And, I am so irritated. I can't move. I am stuck here at the right corner in the back. Well, she smells nice. She smells like a rose petals. Her hair is so soft. I smells her fragrance even if we are compressed here at the elevator. She's petite. I think her height is lower than 5 feet. She already caught my attention from the time she entered the elevator. She's wearing a silk flower beige blouse inside of a light maroon cardigan and an above the knee black skirt, and a pair of a, I think three-inches pointed black heels. And, she's wearing an eyeglasses. Her straight black hair is swaying when I saw her almost running to reach the elevator.  The hell I care to this tiny girl. When the elevator opened in fourth floor, I stepped forward.

"Excuse me." I said to the tiny girl in my front.

I looked at her and I repeated what I just said.

"Excuse me". Then, I pushed her a little so I can step outside the elevator.

She looked straight to my eyes. She opened her mouth. She wanted to say something but I did not give her attention. I started in walking outside the elevator, instead. I still have a meeting that needs to attend.

Fourth floor. Finally, I can now breathe. I was about to step out when I heard him talking, that muscled chest guy at my back. He pushed me on the side so he can step out first. When I look at him, those black brown pair of eyes caught my attention. I still wanted to say something but he avoided my eyes. What the - huh! He can't wait to step out first. Instead of giving a way for a lady, he pushed me so he can get out first. What the - Arg! I breathe in and I breathe out. Keep calm. The old lady on my right tapped my shoulder.

" Miss, the elevator is closing. Are you stepping out or not?"

"Oh God! I'm late. Thank you, Ma'am!" I said to her then I ran outside the elevator.

I looked at my watch, five minutes before eight o'clock. My God! I have been rejected for many times and I won't let that to happen again this time. I almost run to reach the front desk. But I can't forget the image of those black brown pair of eyes. Erase! Erase! This is not the right time for daydreaming.

I finally reached the front desk.

"Hi! Good Morning! I have a scheduled interview today with Ma'am Deborah at eight o'clock." I said.

" For a while Ma'am, I will check the schedule for today." the front desk officer replied.

"You are Ms. Cyrene Dela Vega, am I right? Please wait in the lobby. I will advise her of your arrival". She said.

" Alright. Thanks!" I replied and sit in the lobby together with the other applicants.

"Cyrene Dela Vega?" I heard my name called.

"Yes, Ma'am". I said.

" Hi! I'm Deborah. Thanks for coming. Please follow me". She said.