Chapter 2

"Please have a sit". She said as we entered the room.

I smiled a bit. " Thanks ".

" Hi Cyrene. Good Morning! My Name is Deborah and I will be the one to conduct your initial interview today. How do you want me to call you?" she asked.

" Hi Ma'am! Good Morning. Ah, anything you want to call me but I prefer to be called as Renee'. Well, that was my nickname." I said politely.

"Alright, Renee' let's start." She said.

        I feel so tense. My hands and knees are shaking. I don't know if this is because of the air conditioner or I am just really nervous. The interview lasted for almost a one hour. She asked some personal questions and situations. Luckily, I was able to answered her questions. Hopefully, I will be able to impress her.

"Alright, that's all I need to you for now, for this interview. For now, please stay your lines open and expect a call from us within the week for the final interview. Thank you!"

"Alright. Thank you Ma'am!" I replied to her.

Sighed.

I hope I get this job this time.

       I left the room and proceed to the elevator but this time, it is not full. As I stepped inside the elevator, I saw them again. That pair of black brown eyes that seriously looking into my eyes. They do look like they are talking to me. Just like, they were saying that "Why are you looking at me?"

I sigh again. And I sigh again.

What the-?

      He caught my attention for the second time. He's wearing a navy blue polo shirt and a black pants that match with a pair of black leather shoes. He is tall, fair and handsome. A typical type of guy that will be loved by ladies. He looks like a Korean actor, actually. And I am a fan of Korean actors and actresses. I don't know what gets into my mind and I greeted him.

"Anyeong haseyo?"

He looked at me irritably.

"What are you waiting for? Will you get in or not?" He said.

My right eyebrow raised.

       I get inside the elevator then I look up to him from head to toe, literally, then I look up again and my eyes stopped to his face. I look like an ignorant baby girl that staring to a gorgeous hunk. I can't stop myself not to stare to him. I'm thinking if he is working here but he is not wearing any ID. Maybe, he is also an applicant. But, I did not see him waiting in the lobby earlier. Maybe, he is also waiting for the interview. Hmm...

He went out from the elevator.

     My eyes followed him until the door is slowly closing.

I notice the Ground Floor sign in the hallway.

Oh wait!

I pushed the open button quickly and I put my right foot on the elevator door to stop the door from closing.

"Ouch. What the--" Ha! I stepped outside of the elevator. What a day!

He left. Where did he go? I do not see him here. Hmm. Alright. Let him be. What came into your mind Renee' and you wanted to see him, well you want to know him? Duh! I started talking to myself. I look like an idiot girl here. Never mind.

I started walking to the bus stop. Here we go again. Luckily, buses are all full again.
Is it always like this? Wow! Standing ovation! I looked at my feet. Wearing these high heels and skirt, then I will stand on this bus for almost a one hour?

No, I can't do this.

No, I really can't do this.

Never.

I stayed at the corner area of the waiting shed while waiting for another bus. Duh! I will not sacrifice my legs to stand for almost a one hour just to get a ride.

I will not do it.

Never.

I saw those people are running to get ride in the bus.

I raised my right eyebrow,
'No, I'm not'.

The wheels of the bus started to move.

I was almost slip when someone accidentally stepped on my foot.

''I'm sorry'' She said.

I just nodded. I understand because of the situation here. I breathe out. I still remember what I'm thinking earlier.

'I will not stand in the bus'.

But, see my situation right now. I am already standing for half of one hour. I think I will have a cramp later. Ha! Life is so cruel. If only I have my own car, I will never get into this situation. Or if only I ride the taxi instead of bus, if only. Unfortunately, I only have one hundred pesos left on my purse now. So, it will never happen. What the-? Life is really so cruel. I breathe in and out again. And I just let myself to stare to those establishments in the street.

The traffic lights turns to red then the bus stopped. I saw a billboard outside, that was an advertisement of a famous writer for her novel. I, somehow thought, what if I am on that place? Is there any chance that it will happen? Actually, I love to write stories especially romance and/or love stories. That was my hobby, well not totally. I don't have a degree in writing that's why there is no chance for me to be a writer or an author in the future. And that is why, I am applying for a back office post.
Well, I'm still thinking, what if? What if, instead of

"Watch out for Kate Smith novel entitled 'My Love', a heart warming story that will let you to feel loved" ,

the advertisement would be

" Watch out for Cyrene Dela Vega novel entitled... entitled... " Ah. I think I will stay to my career now.

What the- ". Sometimes, it is really so hard when you don't have any company along with you. You will look like an idiot, especially if you are smiling at your own joke, alone.