Epilogue

" I'm waiting for my Karma. If it is meant to be, it is meant to be."

Few years passed

       Time flies too fast. I'm still working in this company. Yes! I worked and got paid even. I worked and got paid even. And I worked and got paid even. Fourthy-two years living in this world. For how many years living in this world, half of my life I'm alone. And, now I am here, sitting alone on this room with a cup of coffee on my table. What can I say? Regret. Too late. No rewinds. No replays. Just a painful flashbacks. Then, here I am, smiling at my own miseries. What can I say? Nothing. It already happened. Past is past, it will never come back, but it happened. All you need to do is to sit and think that everything happens for a reason. And finally, I have decided. And finally, I have been awakened. And finally, the time is up. This is my last breath. And, this is my karma.

       I sat properly on my chair and put some of the white strands of my hair at the back of my ear. White strands. A sign of age, that the time is really moving. I unwear my eyeglasses and clean it then put it back on my eyes. Then, I heard someone is knocking at the door.

     "Come in." I said.

"Hi Ma'am Renee'! The applicant is here." Said by Lina.

"Let her in." I said without looking at the door. I'm checking the profile of the applicants on my laptop.

I heard someone knocked again.

"Come in." I said. It must be the applicant.

I heard her stepped inside the room.

"Have a sit. Ok, Good day! I'm Renee', please introduce yourself." I said it to the applicant while searching for her profile on the applicants folder on my laptop.

I turned up my head and have a look to the applicant.

Those eyes.
Those black brown pair of eyes.
Her eyes.
Those eyes looks so familiar.

"Hi Ma'am'! My name is Elisa Dorschner. I am eighteen years of age and I am applying as an OJT trainee." She said and smiled at me.

Those eyes.
Those smile.
Those sweet smile.

I looked at her from her feet up to her head and turned my look back on her face.

She look so nervous.
She looks like she was afraid of me.
Yes, she is.
She is.
She should.

I sighed.

"Alright. You're hired. Please wait for Lina here and she will advise you for what to do." I said. I stand up and leave the room. I can't stand to look at her.

Those eyes.
That nose.
Those lips.

It slaps me.

====================================