Chapter 10

"This is what we really called life!" I said it out loud after getting the paper money in the ATM machine. "This is what we called happiness! God! Thank you! Answered prayer!"

"My first and last breath!" I said after kissing those money.

"I love you from start to end! Mwahh!" I said then I gave them a smack.

"How does it feel? Oh my God! Heaven!" I said while embracing them.

I'm started talking to myself, I mean, to my money.

"Hey! Will you stop that? They're looking at us." Gail stopped me from kissing my bills. "So embarrassing! My God! Will you please keep that to your wallet or else it might snatch by some goons here!" she rolled her eyes.

"Duh! We're here inside the building. Who will snatch this from me?" I said to her. "And besides, do you know the feeling of having your first salary? Mwahhh! Heaven! Hahahaha!" I said and I laugh too loud.

"My God! Know what? If only, I don't know you, or if only I'm not with you right now, I maybe mistaken you as a medieval person. Or an ancient woman, or a java girl. Oh! A Cave Lady, much better! Haha!" she bullied me.

" I just really love the feeling of holding my own money from my first job. Isn't it so amazing? Isn't it?" I said to her while I was look like I'm dreaming while walking.

"I don't know. Let's eat, its your treat." Gail said.

"Yes, let's eat. We need to celebrate." I said. "And it's my treat-- wait, its not my treat!"

"No! But, it was your first salary, you need to treat me." She insisted.

"I don't think so. Who said that?" I said

"Me." she smirked at me.

" No! I'm sorry! Haha!" I said. "Let's go"

"Ok." She said then she walked through the exit door.

"Hey! Where are you going?" I called her back.

"I thought we will have a snack outside?" Gail said.

I looked at her irritably.

" My God! Renee', I'm hungry!" Gail said.

"Alright. Go and eat. I will go back to my workstation." I said to her.

"Renee'!" She called me.

"I'm sorry Gail. I'm poor. I need this money badly." I apologized to her.

" My God! Ok, fine. I'll just go in the pantry instead." she sighed.

"Alright. Let's go." I said to her.

       I think I'm starting on not believing the thought of 'Money can't buy happiness', because at the moment, this is my happiness. This is what we called reality. Embracing the fact of practicality. It is not in relation to greediness and selfishness, it is in relation to the truth rather. That, our basic needs is to live practically. That, it is the most we wanted more than anything else. This is life. This is our necessity, my necessity. What more can I ask for? I think, nothing. Yes, nothing. This is life. And, I love the feeling. I love it. I really do.

     We ended up in the pantry in ground floor. Well, it is not too crowded since today is payday, I'm sure most of the employees are eating outside.

"Alright, what do we have here?" Gail looked all the dishes in the trays and pointed one of them. "One order for mechado and 1 1/2 rice, dine in."

" How about you Renee'?" She asked.

" Ah, one order for lechon paksiw and one rice, dine in." I said.

     We sat in the chair in front of the television near the window at the right-side corner of the pantry. That was the best spot to enjoy your meal.