Chapter 10

"I don't know where to start" Finn says with  a sigh as he runs his hand through his hair.

I put my hand on his shoulder and say, "How about from the start?"

I try to be as supportive as I possibly can. I give him a little smile and nudge.

"Well.. I guess I could start from why I left England..." He suggests. I nod my head showing that I approve.

He continues on, "Jack and I never really got along with our family... and I mean our entire family. Except for Emmy and Eliza of course!"

"Who is Emma?" I interrupt him.

"Emmy" He corrects me before continuing on, "Is my little sister".

My mouth forms a little 'o' as I wait for him to continue.

"Anyway, long story short, we couldn't stand living there anymore. We had to get out, we had no other choice" He tells me.

"So why not just move out of home? Or move to a different suburb? Like, why move to the other side of the world?" I bombard him with questions.

"It's not that simple Ana" He tells me with a sigh.

"Why not?" I harass him.

He looks at me seriously, "Just something big happened. But, lets stick to one story at a time Ana."

I look down and away from him as I feel  a little hurt. He immediately picks up my reaction and places his hand on mine.

"No, it's not that I don't want to tell you, it's just that... well, I feel like I need to tell you why I skipped out on today. I just... I feel like it's more important" He clarifies.

I look back at him and nod, still awaiting an explanation.

He continues on with his story, "So we decided to move to Australia together... And by we, I mean Jack and I".

"And then you met me?" I ask him, trying to piece together his story.

He smiles as he says the next phrase, "Yes, then I met you".

"That still doesn't explain why you ditched me or why your parents are here" I inform him. His smile instantly drops at the thought.

He sighs and looks away from me. His eyes look a little teary but I don't understand why. I look at him confused.

He clears his throat before saying, "That day that I met you... on the flight... we almost died".

"Yeah, almost.. But we didn't" I state the obvious.

He puts his face in his hands and looks away. He silently whispers, "Jack... he..."

His eyes tear up again as the realisation hits me. I haven't seen Jack since the accident. But it couldn't be true. It just... No.

"Did Jack...?" Isall I say. He doesn't answer so I ask again more clearly, "Did Jack die?"

He shakes his head and instantly my body relaxes.

"No, he's alive... But barely" He whispers.

"What do you mean?" I ask. I'm so confused that I don't even know what to think.

"He's in a coma... he has been since the accident" He tells me.

I stare at him in silence. How am I supposed to respond to that?

"Finn, I'm so sorry" I say as I wrap my arms around him.

"No, it's not your fault... When they were trying to get him out, some machinery hit his head pretty hard. He was unconscious until we go onto land. They rushed him straight to the hospital. They put him straight on life support. I didn't know what to do. I freaked out and called Eliza. I begged her not to tell my parents but she had no idea what to do either. She told them and they flew straight out... Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, they fucking decide to move here" He explains.

"But Finn, that's their son, what did you expect? They had to come and they had a right to know" I tell him supportively.

His face turns red as he starts to get pissed off, "No, they lost that right ages ago. They were never a parent to me or Jack! They shouldn't be here, they just want the money!" He exclaims furiously.

"What money?" I ask confused.

"They've started a fucking law suit against your emergency services for negligence or some shit like that. He isn't even awake and all they focus on is the money!" He tells me.

I stare at him shocked. Once again, he has left me speechless. How the hell do I reply to that?

Luckily, I don't have to as he continues to talk, "You know today, he moved his hand for the first time. I was the only one to go see him. The only one...". Finn takes a deep breath before closing his eyes and muttering, "How do they even go to sleep at night?"

I looks at him with sad eyes. I can see that he is hurting and now I feel really bad for getting mad at him. I mean, he was going to see his sick brother in hospital and all I was doing was being a selfish, complaining brat.

"Finn, I'm so sorry.." I apologise to him.

He shakes his head, "You didn't know"

"Is there anything I can do? I ask him.

He sits and thinks for a little before turning to me, "Go on another date with me?"

I nod my hand instantly as I say, "ofcourse" like it's a no brainer.

I move closer to him and rest my head on his shoulder, "Thank you for telling me".

He doesn't say anything back to me and he doesn't have to. I can tell by his heavy breathing that he is obviously upset. I shouldn't have acted the way I had and I shouldn't have pressured him for answers. Now all I have done is just remind him of how shit is life is at the moment.

And the bad thing is that there is nothing I can do. I don't know his family. It isn't right for me to intrude, especially when they are dealing with such a sensitive issue. I guess all I can do is be there for Finn the way that he was there for me on that airplane.

Authors Note: I'm sooooo sorry that it has taken me like two weeks to update. I've just been working so hard and I've had uni and then I was chilling with my cool friend Lauren (had to put that in here just for her haha). But yeah I'll try update again in the next 3 days and if not I will update on the weekend :) Don't forget to vote and comment! T x