Chapter 12

The rest of the car ride was just awkward to be completely honest. After a while, I realised that he was driving me to St Kilda, but I didn't tell him that. He wanted our date to be a surprise, but what he didn't realise was that I've lived here all my life and I know where most places are.

We eventually rockeup in front of Luna Park in St Kilda, and I try my best to act surprised. As we we stand there in front of the theme park, I put my hand on my mouth and act excited.

"No way Finn! We're going to Luna Park?" I ask him joyfully.

He put his arm around my waist and nods as he leads me into the park. He walks me over to the cashier confidentally and proceeds to pay for my entry, despite my protests.

"You know, I can pay for my own entry" I inform him confidentally.

"I'm sure you can" He smiles back at me.

"Then why won't you let me pay?" I question him.

"Because I don't want you to" He states with a cute little grin. I'm about to argue against him but then I see how happy he looks. I politely hold back and wait for him to choose which ride we go on first.

"So, which rides good?" He asks me.

I look at him confused until i realise that he isn't from him and hasn't tried the rides before. 

"Ummm, I like the scenic railway" I tell him.

He offers his hand out and bows slightly, "Lead the way princess Ana".

I giggle at his extravagant remark and grab his hand willingly. His fingers enclose around mine as soon as I touch him. I sigh in happiness from how great it feels. I lead him towards the rollercoaster and we wait in line.

Luckily for us, the line moves really fast and we soon find ourselves boarding the rollercoaster. Like the perfect gentleman, he lets me go in first, meaning that I get the better view of the beach.

He slides in next to me and puts his arm around my shoulder. Almost instantly I crawl into his arms. He's so warm and snuggly and I literally have to refrain myself from practically sitting on his lap. 

Once again, his arms tighten around me and I do a little interal fangirl. As the roller coaster starts, I decide that I should probably hold on to the safety bar so we don't fall out. I wait for Finn to do the same but he doesn't even bother. Ofcourse, I don't protest against this because it means that he is still holding on to me.

As we go on  the ride, I realise why Finn isn't holding on. The ride seems to be a lot slower than I remember. Ofcourse that could be because the last time I came here I was a little kid, but still, I'm shocked that Finn knew it wouldn't be fast.

When the ride finishes, he helps me out of the carriage and I ask him how he knew it was slow.

"Hey Finn, why didn't you hold on to  the bars on the ride?" I ask him.

"Because I was holding on to you" He states the obvious as he reaches for my hand. He quickly looks away and starts to lead me towards another ride.

"Weren't you scared that the ride would be really fast?" I question him further.

Once again, he tries to avoid answering my question, "Nah, it looked pretty slow".

He instantly looks away and I can tell he is hiding something, I just can't tell what. I swear, that boy is so strange.

Without any hesitation, Finn starts leading me to the next ride. As soon as we are about to enter the line, I come to a complete stop.

"I can't go on that" I tell him as I start to pull him back away from the ride.