Chapter 13

To say our kiss was perfect would be a lie. Because it was more than that, it was absolutely magical. My hand reached up to his face as we embraced on the beach. I could feel him smile against my lips as we kissed and this made me smile in return.

Slowly, we both pull away, looking stupidly at each other as we ponder over the last minute.

I bite my lip and smile at Finn ridiculously. He looks back at me with the cutest grin on his face. I lift my hand to my face, trying to conceal my enthusiasm and happiness. He breaks out into a little giggle which is contagious.

I playfully hit him on his chest, “Are you laughing at me?”

He shakes his head, still giggling to himself.

“What’s so funny?” I ask him.

He doesn’t answer me. Instead, he watches me with curiosity. I start to become self conscious. I move my hand to my face and start to rub it.

He laughs harder before reaching up and grabbing my hand, “there’s nothing on your face silly”.

“What then?” I ask him curiously. I put on a cute face, hoping that it will coerce him into answering my question.

He puts a hand to his head and sighs, “You are killing me Ana, you know that right?”

I look at him innocently and confused, “What’s so funny? Please tell me!”

He shakes his head at me. He bites his lip and stares at me, obviously trying to figure out what to say. I wiggle my eyebrows at him, encouraging him to hurry up.

“It’s just...  I find it funny that...” He stops, still trying to figure out how to say what he wants to say.

“You find it funny that...” I lead him back on track.

“Ana, you are so amazingly beautiful and you don’t even realise it” He randomly announces. I immediately blush at his kind words.

Nervously, I lift my hands to my face to cover it a little. “How’s that funny?”

He immediately reaches for my hand and pulls it down so that his own hand covers mine, “Stop hiding from me!”

He smiles up at me and starts to massage my hand. He still looks amused and I still don’t understand why.

“I don’t get it Finn” I tell him.

“That’s the thing, you just don’t get it. You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen and you don’t even realise it yourself. And I just can’t help but laugh, because you’re so nervous around me and you try to hide, yet, I should be the one that’s nervous around you. You’re the most gorgeous girl I’ve ever seen.”

“And that’s funny?” I ask half confused whilst totally ignoring his comments about me being beautiful. It’s not that I don’t like hearing it, I just don’t necessarily think it’s true.

He nods his head, “Yes! You are so gorgeous and so wanted yet you don’t even see it. You’re so oblivious to it all. Hell, if I looked like you, I’d be living it and taking on the perks of being a gorgeous woman”.

I purse my lips at him, confused about what to say next. I don’t even know what to say back to him. Not only has he complimented me non stop on being supposedly beautiful, but I think he also just suggested that I should hooker myself out.

I don’t even know what to think.

He sees the confusion and uncertainty on my face and asks, “What are you thinking?”