Added Character - Captain America: The First Avenger

Hello! So here's the first of those other character/storyline chapters I mentioned before. I wrote this a while ago, but decided to revisit it. This one's for Cap's storyline, and is for Bucky, my other favourite! ;) Hope you enjoy and that you like my character! :)

----------------------

"You just don't know when to give up, do you?"

Steve stumbled, but raised his fists. "I could do this all day."

"Hey." A familiar voice spoke from behind them. A soldier in uniform, Bucky. "Why don't you go pick on somebody your own size." Bucky grabbed the man by the shoulders and pulled him away from Steve. "Beat it!" The man obeyed and fled from the alley.

"Thanks," said Steve. "But I had him."

"Uh huh," said Bucky, not convinced as he looked at the bruise forming on Steve's cheek. "What happened this time?" Steve handed him the army enlistment form bearing the stamp stating that he had not been accepted - again.

Bucky unfolded it and shook his head. "You got turned down again?"

"Yeah," sighed Steve.

"Aw your time will come." Bucky put an arm around his friend.

"I sure hope so," mumbled Steve.

"Sure it will. And you'd better start being more careful here in the next little while cause I ain't going to be around to save you.''

"You've got a deployment?"

"Yes sir, Sergeant James Barnes of the United States Army. I leave tomorrow morning." He looked up at the clock on the front of a nearby building. "We'd better get going. I told Karen that we'd meet them at five o'clock."

"Them?"

"Yeah, she's bringing a friend. A double date."

Steve tried to hold back a sigh. "Where are we going?"

Bucky grinned. "The future."

----------------------

A little while later they arrived at a large exhibition housing what could be items of the near future. There were all sorts of high technology inventions. Steve and Bucky wove their way through the crowd in search of the girls. Up ahead they found a popular section on cars where there stood two blondes. One was Bucky's girl, Karen. She saw them making their way through the crowd and waved.

"Hey Sarge," she said, running into Bucky's arms. Then she hugged Steve. "Hey Steve, glad you could come." Steve put on a smile. She saw through it though. "What's wrong?"

"He got turned down again," whispered Bucky.

Karen shook her head and put an arm around the disappointed Steve. "Aw Steve, not again." She was speaking in terms of his being turned down, but also the fact that he had faked his identification papers again, which they all knew to be illegal.

To change the subject, she turned to her friend. "This is Steve Rogers," she said. "Steve, Bucky, this is Sherry."

Bucky tipped his cap. "Hi," said Steve, putting on another smile. Sherry gave him a small half-smile and turned her attention back to the exhibition brochure she had been looking at. Steve sighed. He had guessed that, just as before, Karen's friend wouldn't be so happy that Karen got the soldier and she was stuck with the soldier's small, wimpy friend - this wasn't the first time Bucky and Karen had arranged a double date.