Without me

TW: mentions of suicide, self harm

Jughead POV

Something's been up with Kevin lately. He's barley talks, he won't eat and he's been hiding his arms like he's got cuts...he's acting exactly like my friend Joaquin did just before he tried to kill himself...

I run into school early, going to meet Betty, Arch, Ronnie and Cheryl. I have a plan to help Kev. I walk into the break room and already see my friends sitting on the couch, looking quite worried.
Betty turned to me and gave me a small smile which i returned.
"So Jug, what did you want?" Betty asks
"I think i know someone who can help Kevin" I say and they insantly all smile
exept for Cheryl
"You think?" Shes asks, confused
"Um, I don't know if my friends vwill agree...I was thinking we could meet him at Pop's tonight" I say and they all nodded, their smiles faded.

*at Pop's*

We all sit around the table, waiting for Joaquin. Betty, Veronica and Cheryl sit on one side of the booth while Archie and I sit opposite them, looking at the door.
We hear the bell ring and Archie and I jump, almost on our feet.
It's him. Jouquin is finally here. A big smile grows on my face and i wave him over.
He comes to our booth and looks at the extra people there and then back to me, confused.
"Finally. We really need your help Joaquin" I smile, looking like a mad person. Everyone introduces themselves to him, all smiling.

"So, what do you need Jones?"
"It's our friend Kevin" I say as all our mad smiles fade "he's acting the way you did before...you know"
He nods and looks quite sad that I reminded him of it
"Well, we were wandering if you could help him...before it's to late. Like Toni, dad and I helped you"
Joaquin had been looking at his feet most of the conversion and when he looks up, we stare at him, waiting for a response,
"Jug...I don't know if i can" he says small "It's hard enough not to think about it..."
"You and Kev could be there for each other" Cheryl says, taking the boys hands in hers. "Please Joaquin"

Cheryl looks like shes about to cry and Joaquin does to. He looks down and a stay tear rolls down his cheek. Cheryl wipes it away and moves around to him, looking him in the eyes.
Joaquin hugs the red head and she hugs him back.
After a while, they break apart and he nods, smiling again. All of our faces light up.

"Joaquin, my dad says it's fine for you to go to Riverdale high, until this all gets sorted. You're starting tomorrow" I say, patting his back, followed by Archie doing to same.
He smiles at us and nods

Kevin POV

I stand, outside of Pop's, looking in. I see all my friends laughing and having fun...
Without me
I feel like they don't care. I feel like they don't care most of the time.
My head spins as I try to keep the thoughts out.
I know these feeling are fake but, I can't help but feel them.
And I know someday they are going to get dangerously real.
And, I can't wait for it...