it's perfect

Joaquin POV

It's was Monday again and I was driving down the roads of the northside to get to school. As I enter, I look for Kevin and Cheryl. I spot Cheryl easily because of her signature red hair and overly red wardrobe.
We hug and she smiles to me.
"Let's go find Kev. Also, I have cheer practice all of first period"

We soon find Kev who is wearing a Stranger Things graphic tee, black jeans and my black and white flannel.
I raise my eyebrow at him and when Midge pulls Cheryl away for cheer practice, I turn to him.
"Is that mins?" I ask, already knowing the answer
"You left it up my place on Saturday, so I decided to wear it," he's smiles "you're also never getting it back." He says with a wink

We walk into the student lounge as we have a free period. We jump on the coach next to Jug and Betty.
They were talking about something so they didn't notice us.
Principal Weatherbees voice then filled the room over the PA system.

"Effective immediately, Southside high school will be shut down," gasps filled the room.
"The students will be transferred to other schools in the district, including this one."
People started leaving the room, looking mad and annoyed.
I simply smil and pull my phone out. I tap on a contact and let it ring for a while.
I stand up and move to the other side of the room.

"Hey Jo, whatcha want?" The voice of Toni, the girl who was basically my sister, fills my ear.
"Have you heard the news, about the schools?"
"Yep, and guess were Sweetpea, Fangs and I are heading... RIVERDALE HIGH!" She says with a slight giggle. "We're actually on our way, see you soon."

I smile as she hangs up and walk back to Kev. He looks at me with his eyebrow raised. I sit next to him and explain who Toni, Sweetpea and Fangs are and that they're coming here.
Veronica smiles and says we should all greet the Southside and we all agree.
We walk out to the hall and set up a table with a list of clubs, their locker numbers and their class lists. When we're done, Veronica smiles in approval and we wait.
After 5 minutes, the doors swing open and in walk the southside.
Toni smiles when she sees me and gives her bag to Fangs.

She runs up to me and hugs me. I hug her back and smile.
"Hey T."
"Hey Jo," she says as she turns to the others. "Who are they?"
Sweetpea and Fangs then walk over and I introduce them to everyone.
"Wait, Kevin, as in Kevin Keller?" Fangs says with a raised eyebrow and smirk. I nod and then smirks grow on both Sweetpea and Toni's faces. They are the only ones who knew I have a slight crush on him.
"Joaquin never shuts up about you" says Sweetpea causing me to blush and turn away from Kev and to the table. I pick up their schedules and write their locker numbers on my hand.
"I'll show you your lockers" I say shoving their schedules into their hands, pulling them away with me.

Kevin POV

I run to the gym and pull Cheryl away from the other cheerleaders.
"I need you to go on a date for me," I whisper getting a confused look back.
"With Joaquin's friend, Toni. I think you'll really like her, well, at least try."
Cheryl still looked confused
"Go on a date with her but say you want to bring me as a wing man, tell her she can bring Joaquin."

"Um...okay, I can try. I just have to meet her first."
"Don't worry, she's in all out classes," I tell her with a hug.

She then walks off and I smile, thinking about the date, if it happens. In my head, it's perfect.

{Sorry this is a really random chapter}