The mark of the serpents

Cheryl POV

I walk into school, talking to Joaquin over the phone. We had become good friends after Pop's over not being that liked and our shit families.
He told me about how he lived alone because he was kicked out over being gay and about him nearly taking his own life and I told him about me nearly doing the same. The serpent amd I have a lot in common.
I get lost in thought until I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I jump and turn to see Joaquin.
I wrap my arms around his neck and smile
"You okay?" He asks with a smile as we break off from each other.
"I'm good" I answer returning his big smile "you?"
"I'm nervous" he looks down and his smile fades slightly "what if he doesn't like me Cher?"
"He's going to love you Joaquin" I say back, causing his smile to grow once again

I look around and see a brown haired boy in an oversized puple hoodie with black, skinny jeans and black high tops. Kevin.
I grab Joaquin's hand and run over to Kev.
"Hey" I say as I hug him "you okay?" He hugs me back and burries his face in my shoulder and starts to cry.
I break off from the hug and kneel infrount of him, reaching up to wipe his tears.
"B-Betty, Ronnie, A-Arch a-and Jug" he stutters due to his crying, "I-I feel l-like they don't c-care about me"
I pull him into anouther hug, this time only tighter.
"Kev, of course they care about you and so do I" I pull him down next to me and we sit against the wall.
I look up at Joaquin and jesture him to sit with us. He takes the spot next to Kevin.

Kevin stares at the long haired boy and gives him a small, feeble smile.
"Hi, my name's Joaquin" I watch as they shook hands and smiled at each other.
Kevin's smile quickly disappeared which confuses both Joaquin and I.
"Kev, what's wrong?" I say with concern.
He turns to me and moves his lips close to my ear.
"He's not going to like me Cher. I'm gay, I'm a faggot..." He says and tears up. I hug him and turn to Joaquin.
"Joaquin, do you care that Kevin is gay?"

Kevin looks from me to Joaquin and tears start running down cheeks. Joaquin pulls Kevin into a hug and a smile grows on my face as he hugs him back.
"Kev, I don't care that you're gay, in fact, I'm pansexual" I see both of the boys smile and Kevin puts his head onto Joaquin's shoulder.
"Guys, we should get to class" I chime in and the boys break the hug. We all stand and all join hands.
We walk into science 5 minuets late and have a mini lecture from our teacher.
We get told to sit down. Kevin and I make put way to our seats and Joaquin took the only seat available. Next to Chuck Clayton. Kevin and I hold hands, scared for Joaquin and that he will somehow know he's pan

After class we go to our next two lesson -Maths and History- then, gym.
I wave goodbye to my boys as we part.

Kevin POV

Joaquin and I walk into the gym and walk to the changing rooms. We are the first ones there and I try to change before the others get here, trying to hide my cuts.
But, as I take my jumper off, I hear Joaquin gasp. He walks up to me and hugs me. He holds my lower wrists and reads what is on there.
"Joaquin, you don't need to worry. It's fine, trust me" I say, pulling me arms away from him.
"It's not Kev..." Joaquin looks around and takes his jean jacket off, revealing old cut scars but, also revealing a tattoo. A snake. The mark of the serpents