we're stuck

TW: mild suicide and death mention

Kevin POV

It's been a month since Joaquin was in hospital and now he's out and we're walking down the school corridors, hand in hand. People are giving us dirty looks, I couldn't care less but Joaquin seems bothered by it. His grip on my hand gets looser and looser the more we walk. He fully let it go when we reached his locker so that he could open it but when he does, a bunch of paper peices spills out. He gets on his knees to read some and when he does, he gets up and runs away without a word.

I frown and lean down to pick up a handful. I open and start to read: 'kys', 'no one wants you', 'just die already'. I throw them down, slam Joaquin's locker shut and run in the direction he did. I hear crying from the bathroom and run in, calling his name.

"Go away," I hear a voice say softly and sadly. It breaks my heart to hear my boyfriend talk like that.
"Baby, please talk to me. Don't listen to what the notes say, I want you and love you so much. I need you baby, I need you." I probably sounded super needy but I didn't care, Joaquin's special and he needs to know that. He comes out of the stall he's in with puffy, red eyes and a tear stained face. His breath is shaky and he's clearly trying not to cry.  He looks at me then runs towards me, crying again against my chest. I stroke his hair with one hand and wrap the other around him. I whisper to him, telling his that I love him, that he's perfect, that I couldn't live without him.

When he eventually calms down, I keep holding him close to me. I love the height difference between us as it's easier to comfort him. After a while, he snaps me out of my thoughts  by saying with the cutest giggle, "you're like a giant teddy bear." I smile down at him, "then I'm your giant teddy bear" I kiss his head softly and the bell signalling first lesson goes off.

We walk to the maths classes and I peck his lips quickly before we split off, him being in a lower maths set than me. I walk into my class and smile at Toni, Cheryl, Fangs and Sweetpea. Fangs looks at me and smile softly back but then says with concern,
"Is Jo okay? We saw the notes by his locker earlier."
"He's fine, don't worry. He was crying at first but he calmed down eventually." The group nod and pay attention as the teacher walks in.

Joaquin POV

After all our lessons are done for the day, I meet up with Kevin, Cheryl, Toni, Sweets and Fangs outside their English class. I have only recently been moved to the lower classes and it's annoying being away from them for most of the day. As soon as they see me, they smile and Kevin pulls me into a big hug.
"Hello bear," I say to him with a smile, causing his to chuckle softly,
"I'm guessing that's my new nickname, huh?" He says and I nod in response.

We all decide to go to the carnival that's currently in town as a triple date. On our way, we just joke about and it's perfect. I love everyone here, especially Kevin who has his arms wrapped around my waist. When we actually get there, I run to the booth games. There's a range of prizes including stuffed animals. Kevin walks up to me smiling and hands the person a dollar,
"I'll win you something baby, I promise." He throws the darts at the balloons and hits every shot. I smile widely and hug him tightly before picking up a purple dinosaur teddy. The rest of our group is smiling at us, obviously happy that we found each other.

We then go on the Ferris wheel which I don't want to do but I also don't want to make a fuss or possibly annoy the others so I just go with it. I sit with Kevin and hold his hand tighter than I meant to. He looks at me with concern,
"Are you okay? You don't have to do this if you don't want to"
"No no, I'm okay. I guess I just love holding your hand," I say with a forced chuckle. He nods softly and wraps an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer so that my head's on his shoulder. He plays with my hair as  the ride starts moving and I hug my dinosaur to my chest tightly. As we start together higher and higher, I shut my eyes tightly and we suddenly stop. I open my eyes and when I see that we're on the top, I grab Kevin's arm tightly with one of my hands tightly accidentally digging my nails into his arm. Then we hear a voice.
"Sorry guys, you're stuck. We'll get an engineer out as soon as possible," the man running the wheel says over a megaphone. Well shit, we're stuck