Chapter 2 : Love

Ever since Y/n learned of her fathers death, she had felt lost without Malcolm by her side. When she was with him, she felt whole. Malcolm did in fact feel the same about her, but they were both blind to the feelings they were feeling. Y/n didn't fully understand the feeling she was feeling towards her friend of ten years. He never understood them either and he went to talk to his mother about theses feelings.

So that morning Malcom told Y/n he would see her sun high at the cherry blossom tree. Y/n thought nothing of it and decided to go to the village and retrieve bread and food. Meanwhile, Malcolm saw at him house sitting at the small table wanting to know why he felt the way he felt about Y/n.

"Well, how do you feel when your around her?" His mother asked with taking a seat across from him. "Do you feel warm and fuzzy?"

Malcolm bit his lip and thought for a moment. He did in fact feel what his mother asked him, but he felt more than that.

"Yeah, and I feel like I need to protect her when I'm with her. Have a constant need to be by her side. She makes me feel whole, brightens my day. My stomach always got a ticklish feeling when she lays on my shoulder or sits on my lap. My body swells with joy when I hold her," Malcolm explains slowly drifting off at the thought of Y/n.

His mother knew the feeling all to well, for she felt the same about her beloved. Malcolm was simply in love with his best friend and every minute his feelings just grow stronger for Y/n. His mother smirked and lend forward a bit with her elbows resting on the table. Her hands held her face up.

"Well, tell me about her," she beamed. "Is she pretty?"

"Oh mom she is beyond beautiful. Her hair is h/l and smooth. They way the sun hits their h/c locks, it looks magical. Nothing can be compared to her e/c eyes. Her (skin tone) looks amazing in the sun and moon light," Malcolm smiled seeing Y/n in his mind.

His mother chuckled softly at this. Malcolm was confused by this and tilted his head to the side a bit giving her a questioning look.

"Malcolm, dear, your in love," she smiled widely.

Hear that word and know what it meant made Malcolm blush a light shade of pink. It all made since to him now. He was, without a doubt, in love with the young village girl. Y/n L/n.

*****

"Mom, I have what you asked for," Y/n called out putting the things on the table.

Y/n's mother did not replied. This worried Y/n. Walking threw the small hall that lend to her mothers bedroom. Giving a soft knock on the small wooden door, it creaked open. Peaking inside, Y/n noticed the room was empty. This only made Y/n assume that her mother and Andrew was out.

Deciding not to worry about it to much, Y/n left the house after wrapping the bread. The birds song calmed Y/n as the leaves crunched under her shoes. Walking to the tree Y/n saw Malcolm laying against the tree observing something. Y/n smirked and quietly made her way to him. When she got close enough she leaped forward wrapping her arms around him, making him topple over. Startled, Malcolm pulled Y/n off of him and stood up. Noticing and recognizing Y/n's laugh and form he relaxed.

"Geez Y/n, you scared the hell out of me," Malcolm glared her down.

Y/n only laughed making he crack a smile. Standing up y/n brushed the dirt off of her and patted the top of his head.

"Your cute when your scared," Y/n smirked.

Malcolm pouted and turned away with a light blush appearing on his cheeks. Y/n noticed this quickly and smiled.

"Are you blushing?" Y/n asked.

His eyes widen as his cheeks darken.

"N-no. Boys don't blush," Malcolm defended.