EIGHTEEN

"So then, I decided to post a friend thing on Tumblr." Lauren clapped, we were sitting in a cafe in Chicago. Not knowing where we are, and really not caring. "And then..."

"I messaged you being an awkward shithead... Bonding over bands and youtubers." We shared a stupid looking smile as we started a random topic. Who even remembers how we got there.

"Ahh..." Lauren leaned back in her chair. "How do we adjust to this?"

"I have no idea!" I wrapped my hands around a cup of lemonade I was drinking. "And how do we tell the girls?"

"And how do we talk about all of the things that happened?"

"What the fuck do we do?" we both laughed at our bad situation, probably hoping that the problem will go away by ignoring it.

"So... How long do we have?" I asked, calming myself down from laughing.

"Hm?" Lauren took a sip from her own cold drink, the sun wasn't that bad this year, and her skin looked like she's not evem able to sweat. Much unlike me.

"I mean..." I sucked in my lips and let them go. "How did you even get here all the way from LA?"

"Oh! Well, I had a free weekend since Ally has stuff to do. And I really needed to see you." the sunlight caressed her skin. The red patch was invisible now.

"I fucking hate you!" I started laughing softly again. "Who's that crazy to travel all this way just to drink some lemonade with me?"

"It's a good lemonade." her smiling face joined in my laugh. "Also, the girl I'm talking to isn't that bad as well."

"Oh, shut up!" We grinned to ourselves. Sharing one of those silent stares at the end, still not beliving that this is the person we met online.

And I have no idea how to get used to that.

The Lauren I hate is the Lana I love. And seeing her face but having a different kind of conversation is also hard to get by.

"Also, I was right about the bangs and you can't deny that." she pointed.

"Ah yes, such a fashion icon like you is worth listening to." I rested my elbows on the table.

"You still look like a mess." her eyebrows raised themselves.

"Hot mess." I swear to god why did I just fingergun her like an idiot.

"I should go, shouldn' I?" she sighed as she checked the time on her phone. "My bus is here in a minute." the dark haired girl got up from her seat and grabbed her purse. "This is to a new beggining, EEla."

"To a new beggining!" we raised our glasses and drank the rest. And as the sun blinded my eyes, Lauren blended in with the crowd. She was long gone and I lost track of time while I looked at the same direction for a while.

She left. And I have no idea what's supposed to happen now. We have so many things to talk about and so many stuff to explain. Both to ourselves and others.

Now... I was alone again. The old feeling returned. And, I was sure she helped it for at least a minute. But now I have to return to my home alone like nothing ever happened. And I was afraid of that so much.

I walked the streets of the city I was pulled into. One day, I would like to return with Lauren for a full day. Why just two hours?

It bugged me how the nature wasn't as pretty as I wanted it to be. As it used to be.

But Lauren was as pretty as she used to be. And that bugged me as well.

How can I, someone who looks like this, have a past crush on her? Luckily, I don't think I do anymore. And if flirting is like Kelly did it in that tree house, I don't wanna be near any romance.

I waited for the bus at a small station near a big road. My phone was worth checking now that I have something with Lauren again.

Maybe my summer can be saved.

-----
Group: secretz
--

DinahDime
~Oi guys whats up
~we're gonna stay for a while longer bc Mani fell in love with a pupper 💩

Mani
~we have a future together and u know it 👏

DinahDime
~yes yes

Jesus
~hey guys!
~i have stuff to do but lauren went to chicago

Mani
~wait what

CamEEla
~Yeah i was there as well 😋

Mani
~CAMILA
~OMG UR OKAY
~WE WERE WORRIED

DinahDime
~SWEETIE ARE YOU OKAY WHAt HAPPENED AJAKAKKA

Jesus
~hey Camila 😄

CamEEla
~hellooo

Mani
~but also CAMREN

DinahDime
~O H
~she came to chicago for you 😂❤❤❤
~a ww  w w w w w
~mani do u see dis

Mani
~so kjot
~istg you guys
~wait but why were you there

CamEEla
~Its a looong story
~that we havent even told eachoter yet
~but i cant say anything yet
~or at least alone 😂

Jesus
~y e p she kinda told me a lot already
~But its a secret 😉

CamEEla
~ayy😉😉

Mani
~F U C  K

DinahDime
~its a secret omg
~i will kill u all

Mani
~Wait what did you do there

CamEEla
~mostly talked

DinahDime
~talking means fucking

Mani
~i agree

CamEEla
~I AM A CHILD OF GOD
~but no
~we didn't do anything okay
~just talked about things
~and we still need to do a lot of talking

Jesus
~stop making them uncomfortable dudes

Mani
~sorry

DinahDime
~we cant help the s h i p

Jesus
~thats fine 💩 just keep it down a bit in their presence

CamEEla
~thank you jesus

Jesus
~amen

Mani
~amen

DinahDime
~amen

---

---

Hello! It's the boring shitty writer again. Yes yes I know no one's reading these but anyways...

Thank you for making it this far ❤ I'm a mess but writing this unplanned shitty story is kinda fun.

So yaaay for fanfiction making me run away from problems for a second.

It would be nice if you could drop a vote or a comment with a really bad outdated meme if you want to 👌👌 o k e thank you once again for everything so far!

Bay ❤