THREE

Cam56tuna
~I swear to satan i look like shrek
~Do you really not belive me wow

Lanacangetit
~nahhhh i bet you our firstborn child named goat that ur like a model👌

Cam56tuna
~That inside joke was our worst one by far

Lanacangetit
~how dare you disrespect our son like that
~Imma whoop yo ass

Cam56tuna
~Im not scared ur a cinnamon roll 😇
~dont d e n y ur l i e

Lanacangetit
~Shut up no im not
~U dont know the tru power of these hands m8

Cam56tuna
~Is that a sex joke

Lanacangetit
~My lifes a sex joke

Cam56tuna
~wow didnt know u had a life ❤ have fun with that i gtg sleep

-

"Here's the homework." I dropped a notebook on the lunch table that Lauren was sitting at. She was surrounded by friends, all very grown up and beautiful.

"Ooh, who's that, Lauren?" one of the girls said. She looked the most adult, with most accessories and popular fashion.

I stood awkwardly and waved. I expected to just drop the notes, but now everyone from the table is staring at me.

"This is Camila. Physics and debate club." Lauren said, slurping tea and looking straight at me with her green eyes. And yup. Of course they had to have every eyeshadow shade that can fit in a singe palette.

"Cute." the only boy at the table said. He had clearly bleached short hair with an absurd fashion style.

"Yeah..." my voice cracked awkwardly. "I'm gonna..." I pointed behind me slowly, being interrupted by one of the girls. Still all intensely staring at me, like they never saw a low budget school nerd.

"Oh no, no." the shortest one said. "Sit with us!" her tone sounded almost believably happy.

Once again, I felt awkward sweat all over my body, fake smiling politely.

"Ah..." I murmured. "Actually I have to go back to my friends."

As I walked away I heard the group begin to whisper, making my brain convince me they must be talking about me.

Cam56tuna
~im so popular wow

Lanacangetit
~Wait what happened
~did u get friends
~Or a boyfriend or a girlfriend or whatever omg
~Are u cheating on me im triggered

Cam56tuna
~Lezbi honest
~thats not gonna happen💩

Lanacangetit
~tf happened then
~did u get invited somewhere like a social gathering
~ew

Cam56tuna
~no but i almost sat on the popular kids table
~Im a celebTiTy

Lanacangetit
~o fak wow
~hah yeah
~fuck i gtg sorry

Cam56tuna
~??? U okay lol??
~bye??? Idk it seems earlier ??

"So, Camz." I turned around dramatically, looking up at who it was.

The one and only with black hair and a fire stare with ripped jeans stood behind me. I hid my phone in my shirt, raising my eyebrows.

"I see you ditched me for all these amazing friends you have." she pointed to the empty table I was sitting on.

"I didn't. I ditched your 'squad'." she sat next to me, with one leg on the other side of the bench. Looking right at me.

"And now guess who's saying the word unironically." she raised one of her eyebrows, making her eyelashes stand out.

"That's where you're wrong, Jerky." I rested my elbows on the table.

"Thanks for the homework. Maybe it can make up for ditching your friend." she added.

"Hm?" I fixed my hair that was in a messy low ponytail. "We're not friends."

"Well." she got closer, making my head lean back a bit. "Maybe I know something you don't, then." her hand lightly slammed on the table.

As she was weirdly close, suddenly her eyes blinked faster, making her pull back to her original stance.

"You would look good with bangs." she spat out randomly.

"What?" I snapped out of it as well, realizing who I'm talking to.

"That forehead is a bit fucked up."

"Excuse me?" I squeaked. How did we get to this topic? Does this girl know how to have a conversation?

"I'm joking, jeez." her voice rasped as she changed the parting of her hair which seemed like the thing she does a lot randomly.

"Wow. So funny." my voice deepened. Her mouth grinned, looking right into my eyes, which made me look down and aside a lot.

The bell rang, making our conversation end right there.

"Now you ditched your friends." I said while we got up from the table.

"Nah, they can forgive me." we both grinned.