TWENTY-THREE

Summer was a bummer like Lana once said. Not the one I know, the real one.

It was all coming to an end and I knew what I was feeling. I was so lonely all this time, since I knew I had no-one. Everything changed with Lauren and being thrown into a new friend group felt toxic at some points. It was as if I was just drifting away from everything I wanted and I couldn't help it.

My dad wasn't of any help as well. I just... Don't know.

I don't know what to do and it's driving me crazy.

-

The sun shined and blossomed on the grey road. I was outside of the airport, waiting for Lauren and Ally, who decided to come back even if Ally planned to stay. She just wants to say goodbye to all of us and her whole family one last time.

Normani and Dinah already came back but I didn't get the chance to see them until today. They picked me up with one of their parents' car and the ride was just me being awkward in the backseat as the two best friends had their own conversation.

Great... A new year of being the fifth wheel.

My mind was still freaking out since I had to face Lauren today. And I had to talk to her.

-

"No, fucktart, I told you to calm down!" Dinah explained to a paranoid girl wrapped around her arm.

"B-but... Public toilets..." Normani answered, still holding tightly and resting her chin on Dinah's shoulder as if she was actually scared.

"Fucking hell, do you want to shit yourseld then? Look, Camila is laughing at you." she grinned and pointed to my face that couldn't hold back giggles. We were inside the airport, waiting for our friends and laughing at Normani's fear of public bathroom while she has to poop.

What a great day.

"Fine, then I'll throw my shit at the both of you now." her face lightened up and joined our grinning, but quickly turned back to the old phase at the sight of a woman leaving the public bathroom. That meant that it's her turn.

"No, no, no!" she panicked slightly. Dinah rolled her eyes and pushed her in, to which Normani frowned and was interrupted by the tall girl slamming the blue door.

"Dinah!" she yelled from in there. We looked at eachother and laughed as the locked in girl yelled at us.

"Fuck off then if you want me to do anything!" there was a knock on the blue door.

"What if you run away?" I added in.

"I have to take a fucking shit what do you think." she yelled from the inside once again. The both of us left while laughing and adding stupid jokes about it in those few seconds.

We sat in one of the seats where there was the least people.

A few short announcements passed and Dinah was on her phone. I was focusing on the floor, counting all the tiles and not listening. Being in my own little day dream.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Not even a hello?"

A voice was heard above us and two pairs of feet appeared in front of my sight.

Dinah screetched and hugged the two girls in front of us. Lauren and Ally. Who we happened to forget in a second.

I got up awkwardly as Ally called me in for a hug. Lauren gave me one of her looks for about three seconds, her green forests with brown trees made their way into my own eyes.

"We kinda... Forgot." Dinah said laughing, adjusting herself to get some distance from the group.

"Woooow!" Lauren added to which we all smiled.

"Where's-" Ally started, looking all over the place.

"Taking a big ol' shit." Dinah responded.

We giggled and shared a worried look since she was gone for a long time now.

"I missed the big welcome?" Normani jumped in, scaring all of us and wrapping her arms on the two tired girls.

"We missed it as well." I said, making Ally pout her lower lip.

"Only one more year, boys." Dinah followed in Mani's ways and wrapped her arms around our necks. Resting slightly on me, and making me put my hand on Lauren's back to have a well deserved group hug.