Chapter Four

Once we left the shoe store I felt as though we were being watched. Lucien noticed this but looked around not obviously. It didn't take him long to spot a pale blonde in leather. Once we reached the tux and dress store I noticed she followed.
"Put this on" Lucien said handing me my leather jacket to hide my birth mark. Once the pale blonde walked in I got slightly scared. Lucien suddenly forced some of his blood down my throat to mask my scent. I nearly started coughing as it caught me off guard.
"A spy for the council. They must have heard of your genes." he said in a whisper.The blonde walked up to us with a warm smile.
"Ahh Lucien it's been years. Im so glad I found you. I hope you are coming to the royal ball next week. They are announcing the next in line so they can take the throne friday. Oh and please to bring your pretty newborn pet I'm sure y'all guys can break her in nicely that weekend" she said catching me by surprise.
"Ahh Lucy fancy meeting you here. I do not honestly know if I want to come this time around I've been... busy" he said sounding bored.
"Awwww don't tell me you're still mad about me telling your mom about a way to make you a vampire" she said sounding smug.
"No. That i got over. Would you excuse us. We need to continue to shop. Good bye Lucy" he said as he lead me out of the shop and far away from her. I finally snap out of shock.
"Wait she called me a pet" I say getting ever so angry.
"You had my scent so that's what she assumed. Calm down" he said in a soft voice.
"What about our outfits for the ball" I ask slightly annoyed.
"When she leaves we can go back. Let's just be normal "humans" and "spend time" together. She probably though you were either my thot or slave" he said.
"That's not nice at all" I say feeling sad.
"It doesn't have to be. Living as a human wasn't easy you know" he said whispering in a low voice. I nod but hate admitting that I knew the struggles of human life.
"Nothing is easy as what we are little one" he said looking at me in the eyes. I stayed silent and looked around till I spotted the blonde walking out the door.
"Come on let's go get our clothes for the ball" he said as we walked back to the store. We looked at dresses for five hours and I tried on seven dresses. We decided on the deep purple dress with little diamonds scatted on the top.

The other two dresses was a midnight blue off the shoulders with jewels on the shoulders, and a plain black strapless with a small floral print on the top