Chapter Nine

Once we are both ready I grab your hand as it's 5 minutes from 11:00 PM.
"Let's use our vampiric speed to get there​ or rather my instant teleport. There isn't any pure blood left besides me and you I ripped the other pure blood girl in half remember" he said as we started to walk out the door.
"Oh right I almost forgot" I said looking at him. "So we have the throne no matter what right?" he asked as I giggled. Once at the ball room I noticed the red and black theme of the ball. As we entered the ball all heads turned and look at me as my arm and Lucien's are interlocked. The guys were staring as though they wanted me but the girls were staring as though they wanted to kill me. I looked over and saw my father standing beside the council. The council was staring at me as well. A few of them looked shocked others looked lustful.
"Whelp. Follow me pet" he said. As I followed him my father called him over to say hi.
"Hello sire!" he said as he bowed graciously. I bowed as well and stayed quiet.
"How are thee today sire??" he asked my father as they talked.
"Lucien I'm so glad to see that you made it here safely and I'm okay" my father said as I noticed a little girl with long blonde hair hiding behind my father's leg.
"And might who that be sire?" he said as he nodded towards the child.
"This is Ariana she was the last thing my beautiful mate gave me before her death. She was born 3 years after Cassie disappeared. She's ten now" My father said as he got her to come out of hiding.
"Ahh" he said as he linked with my mind.
"YOU GOT A SISTER! Wait future competition" he said through the mind link.
I linked back "she's too young to take the throne".
"But still future competition" he linked back as I watched Ariana.
"Who may this lovely fledgling be Lucien" my father asks gesturing to me. I kinda cringed at the thought of being a fledgling.
"Someone I "turned" and now she follows me and obeys certain "commands" I give her" Lucien said making me cringe more.
"Ah so she's your pet. Well she looks very lovely in that dress" my father said as the little girl walked up to me and asked to be picked up.
"Go ahead, cater to the child's needs" Lucien said as if he knew I wanted to pick her up. As he looked at my father as if saying sorry about calling your daughter a "pet". I pick her up as she stuck her tongue out to Lucien.
"Typical child. Oh sire is she of us or humans?" Lucien said not bothered by the fact that he got sassed by a ten year old.
"She's a pureblood like you" my father said as he looked at me apologetic as I tickle Ariana.
"Sire, if I may have a moment with you. It would be appreciated" he said.
He linked with me "put her down so we can discuss with your father". I set Ariana down as I fix my dress.
"Of course Lucien" my father said as he walks away from the council.
"I'll let you say it" he mentally said to me. Once we are in a soundproof place Lucien sat down and sighed humanly.
"Why the hell didn't you tell me I had a sister" I said practically yelling as my eyes flash silver. My father was a little taken back by my tone.
"First off. You were "missing" so how could he tell you" Lucien said defending my father.
"He could of told me earlier" I said before I walked over to the mirror.
"He probably had it planned" he said as I stood the looking at my light brown hair. The only thing on me that I got from my mom was my eye color.
"She has Sam and mom's blonde hair" I said as I hid my face as I started to cry tears of blood. Lucien got up and held me close.
"I know she does honey and I was gonna tell you earlier but I knew if you met her and saw how much she looks like them you'd lose it in front of everyone and it would ruin the plan" my father said as I snuggled closer to you crying hard. As Lucien felt my sadness and his skin began to darken. I pull away as I wipe the blood tears off my face. Hid skin went back to its normal pale color as my normal.
"Im better now" I said as I fixed my make-up.
"Sire. Do you remember the black dragon who destroyed half the world?" Lucien asked my father.
"Yes and We got to go it's a minute until midnight" my father said as he got up off the desk he was sitting on.
"love I want you to speak your claim. Then after wards we can head for the council" Lucien said hugging me. "Let's go the council is about to name the person who will have to get pass me to get the throne" I said as I started to walk out. They followed me hastily. My father heads to where the council as I find a spot in the middle where when I state my claim they can hear me. Lucien got in his spot as well which was behind me some.
"Thank you for coming to the annual ball we hold in memory of the lose of Prince Sam Victorian. It's a shame he died so young and that his little sister disappeared two years after.  It is time to announce who will be taking the throne friday at the ceremony." the oldest council member said.
"Excuse me I have something to say" I said using my royal voice as everyone turned to look at me.
"I, Cassandra Ann Victorian am here to claim my rightful place as queen of the vampires" I said as I hold up my left wrist showing off my birthmark. Lucien looked "shocked" but I knew he was faking. The council stares in horror as everyone but my father gasps.
"And I, Lucien Vladimir claim my rightful place as king of the vampires" he said as he  reveals his birthmark. As he stepped up to my side. I start to walk towards the council as Lucien followed.
"I, Queen Cassandra Ann Victorian here by banish you the council from this kingdom for crimes committed against the royal family" I said as a group of guards come out of nowhere and drags them out of the castle.
He mentally linked me and said "that was easier than i thought".
"This probably isn't over yet" I said linking you back. Lucien looked towards the former king and gave him a brotherly hug.
"Now everyone back to enjoying the ball" my father said as Ariana comes up to me.
"Are you really my sister Cassandra? The one who everyone said died before I was born?" Ariana asked in a "oh my gosh" tone.
He linked me " um. So we are king and queen now right? I'm to go get a drink you want one?".
"Yes but unofficially until the ceremony friday" I linked to you.
"Blood or alcohol?" he linked me back.
"Ariana yes im am your sister Cassandra but you can call me Cassie" I said as I picked her up.
"Alcohol" I said linking you back.
He came back with a heavy scented alcohol in his hand but a weaker one for me.
"So if you are queen and Prince Lucien is king does that mean friday at the ceremony y'all will be getting married" Ariana asked causing me to choke on the drink.
"The little one is right. It's tradition" Lucien said with a sly smile as he continued drinking his alcohol.