Chapter Fifteen

Once I awoke Lucien rushed up to me in human form very much naked. I was in human form too but my wings were covering me like a blanket. I noticed the blood on my leg which made me wonder what happened. I looked at the burning village and waved my hand putting out the fire.
"Silver dagger love" he said as he hugged me as if I nearly died.
"Nicklaus isn't among the dead and neither is his sister Amanda" Anamiã said as she looked at all the bodies which made my eyes widen. Lucien watched as Anamiã floated my dress to me and I put it on letting my wings go back in my skin.
"Nicklaus is the most dangerous of the whole council and his sister's dark abilities can rob us sight and sound. They must be killed" I said once I stood up.
"Agreed" Lucien said as I handed him his clothes so that people aren't staring at what's mine.
"Fine. I'll get dressed" he said making me smile.
"Mesencrus, can you send scouts out to search for them and can one of your warriors go with Anamiã and Lucien's mother so that they can finish shopping for the ceremony which you are welcome to attend tonight at midnight" I said before me and Lucien teleported to the castle to double security.
"Tootalo bud" Lucien said before we left. Once at the castle I went to the garden in the center of the castle. Lucien had a guard follow me as he went to the library where my father was to learn about Nicklaus and why he is determined to destroy me. 
"Sir. We need a plan" Lucien said to my father who was reading a patrol report from the northeast boarder of the kingdom.
"Let me guess. Nicklaus hasn't given up yet" my father said looking up from the report with his reading glasses on the tip of his nose. My father looked pretty young for an aged vampire considering he is 8900 years old.
"Yup. I can't let her die" Lucien said.
"She won't and Nicklaus isn't gonna attack without warriors and that will take several months to get trained. Amanda will be easy to take down. She's the same age as y'all and she use to be best friends with Cassie. Nicklaus on the other hand will probably try to brain wash Amanda into thinking that Cassie is an imposter" my father said. I sat on a bench in the garden as I saw a flower that never grew in the garden when I was little.
"Yeah" Lucien said as my father made a weird face.
"Where is Cassie? I can smell my nightshade flowers" my father said as he stood up.
"Garden" Lucien said casually.
"I hope she doesn't touch my nightshade flowers. The thorns are used in the ceremony to unify the king and queen's blood. One prick and she'll end up starting the effects of the ceremony before the ceremony starts" my father said as I decided to take a nap by the pretty dark purple almost black rose like flowers. He sped and grabbed me and brought me to my father.
"What why did you bring me to my father" I asked looking confused.
"Don't touch those flowers" Lucien said.
"I wasn't gonna touch them" I said thinking "wtf he woke me up from my nap over flowers".
"Let your father explain" Lucien said as I yawned before looking at my father.
"The thorn is what they used to prick your finger when y'all seal the ceremony by combining y'alls blood binding y'all together forever. If you get pricked before the ceremony even starts the effects of the ceremony will happen to you before the ceremony even happens" my father said which made sense as I yawned again.
"Agreed"Lucien said which was cool that they were getting along.
"Well if y'all don't mind Imma take a nice long nap after drinking me a cup of rose tea. I'll see you father at the ceremony and Lucien you should take a nap too your dragon took a lot of your energy earlier" I said as I headed to mine and Lucien's room.