xxii | twenty two

Twenty Two : Warm and Sugary

"it's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything i do."

The blonde smiled at the boy that walked towards her, but instead of a smirk or grin, she got nothing.

Nothing.

Katerina frowned at the curly haired brunette's stoical hard eyes, wondering what was said to him.

"Enoch-" He didn't stop, didn't look or listen to her, simply brushing past as if she were already a ghost.

Both Caleb and Olive watched as Katerina stay still, staring at where he had just pasted without a notice, the blonde making up excuses for him on why he would do such a thing so that he had a right to act that way. Only so she wouldn't get mad or hurt, she hated being hurt or even the slightest bit angry at Enoch, needing his appreciation or acknowledgement, for him to just be there.

"Enoch." Katerina called out, turning to chase him as he went out to feel the ocean's breeze, and burning his face with the rushing wind.

The blonde could only catch up when he stopped trying to get away, watching the sun slowly rise above the horizon as if it were a race.

"Enoch. . . what's wrong?" Katerina gave him distance, only close enough so that she didn't have to fight herself to be closer.

Enoch turned, removing the space between them effortlessly but full of caution as if she were a monster that was going to bite.

His soft and calloused fingers traced over her cheekbones, marking what was his and telling her that he was there.

"You Katerina. You're what's wrong." Enoch informed, his accent booming over any Katerina had ever heard. "Why can't you just try to stay with me, even if it means we'll die?"

The blonde's heart thudded against her chest, sure to cause bruises in the next hour, but she couldn't utter a word, instead looking down to the ship's floor.

It was easy, everything Katerina had ever experienced was easy. Torture was so much more pleasant than the pain that came with their relationship.

"It's not just meant for you, but everyone, it's my choice." The raspiness in Katerina's voice was like a trigger in Enoch's head, removing his hands as he crossed his arms.

"That's my point, we are supposed to do this together Katerina. You and me. We are supposed to make these decisions together, but you leave with alone and with nothing. I won't lose you again. I refuse-"