xxiv | twenty four

Twenty Four : A Reminder, Gone

"I can't help but love you
even though I try not to"

Katerina smirked at the monkey woman. She had sat by waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. The children did not yet see her as she hid in the shadows, watching them surpass her expectations.

"There's my Hugh." She said to herself as the bees continued to attack the wights. Katerina found herself being able to smell her own blood, rich and plenty. She was going to bleed out.

Enoch charged out with a devil stick tightly in his grip, a roar of dominance booming through the arena. Katerina held her breath as her jaw hung low when she watched the O'Connor be slapped to the floor. The curly haired brunette hit the carpet surface with a harsh thud.

"Enoch!" Katerina didn't react, but reached out on animal instincts. The salty air rushing against her body as she landed before the wight and her love . She looked like a devilish bird performing tricks in the sky.

"Well if it isn't Katerina." Barron laughed, easily recognizing her youthful appearance. "I remember the days, what did they call it? Femeia de moarte!" The Bloom girl's eyes flickered knowing when Katerina uttered the words she could snap.

"Woman of death." Katerina glanced at Enoch's limp body, her skin hotter than the flames she brewed as a fever was sweeping over her mind. "You were there?"

"Most of the shows." He laughed again, his voice dripping in amusement. Barron had lost count of the many times the 'normals'  had tortured and killed the girl only to see her rise again. "They could've been a bit more creative."

"I'll kill you." The blonde snarled, her fingers dancing with the tricks she could do.

"Give it your best shot." Pure delight was the only thing Barron felt when mocking the girl, watching as Miss Edwards approached her viciously.

Only she couldn't hear the children's shouts, they were blocked out by pure anger.

Before Katerina could react the monkey-like-wight tripped her, the blonde's head smashing against the floor like Enoch's. The two ascended up the metal towers, the wight held tightly onto the girls feet and wickedly smiled while the peculiar grunted.

Katerina fought against the woman, trying to push herself off and scrambling to figure out a solution.

The Blair caught a glimpse of Barron's coat alight with fire, Olive standing behind him.