xxiii | twenty three

Twenty Three : Cotton Candy, Vines, Snow, and Candy

Snow, and Candy

"he redefines in every way what love is, she fell for him and hasn't gotten up since."

The building radiated the sense of something horrific and sinister. It wasn't just Katerina who could feel it either.

Jake had not created any other plan but sneaking in, creating distractions, and finding the hollows then the ymbrynes in a vague way.

"All the doors to the cellar are locked. The only way to reach the ymbrynes is through there." Jake pointed to the circus entrance door. "It's backstage."

"But it's guarded with five wights, not to mention hollows." Katerina spoke with a snake like tone that sent chills down their backs.

"How many hollows can you see?" Millard asked from beside the blondes, wishing he could see them too.

"Four, that's good news." Emma rolled her eyes at Jakes 'good news'.

"I think you and I have a very different definition of good news." She added before the Portman boy could explain.

"It means Barron's other friends haven't arrived yet. So they haven't started the experiment. We're not too late. Okay. . . Emma you ready?" Jake asked, but more informed than anything.

"Let's hope she is Jacob considering we went over this once!" Katerina whispered shouted, gripping her best friend's hand. "Do you know what to say?"

"Here, Jake." Millard passed the rope on to the older boy who tied it around her waist as the girls unbuckled the Bloom girl's lead shoes.

Emma slowly floated up, Jake holding her rope tightly as Barron continued his speech.

"Hey! You down there!" Emma shouted catching their attention with vivid eyes. "We killed your hollow friend Mr. Barron and now we've come for Miss Peregrine. Bring her and all the other ymbrynes to the end of the pier in five minutes or face the consequences." She finished while Katerina tapped Jake's shoulder repeatedly to bring the blonde down.

"These children must be as insane as their headmistress. Still, the hollows will be glad of a feed." The wight made Katerina snarl, the way he underestimated the children in every way made her want to laugh. "Where are you? I know you're in here somewhere!" Barron shouted making his voice echo throughout the arena.

A barrel had knocked over behind Barron's followers, signalling them that the children were listening.

"Good, listen to me. I want you to follow Mr. Archer and Mr. Clark, they're going to take you down to the pier for a little afternoon tea." The Blair girl was finding herself thinking of the many ways of cruel torture she could bless upon the man as he spoke. "Mr. Archer, Mr. Clark gather the hollows and take them to the pier."