vi | six

Six : Don't Leave Me

"you bring out the worst in me."

Stinging.

That's what Enoch felt first when his mind drifted back into his sick reality.

A warm liquid fell down his chin, becoming sticky as he licked his copper stained lips.

"Katerina." He whispered to himself, loud enough for Caleb to hear. The two boys rose to their feet and began running towards the house.

He forced himself to a stop when he reached the doorway, his deep brown eyes growing wide and his heart jumping into his throat.

There she stood.

Katerina Blair in the flesh, awake and alive.

But this wasn't her, this was something else, something lost and filled with hatred, fear and evil — vicious.

Her eyes were no longer watery and kissed by the ocean, but dark and dry like she couldn't will herself to blink.

That didn't catch anyone's attention though — it was the blood staining her palms and dripping from her fingertips — she was gripping a blade of shattered glass.

"Enoch?" A thick accent laced her voice, her blue eyes glossing over with unshed tears of fear.

A staring contest had started between the O'Connor and Blair until thumps entered the room.

More glass shattered.

Emma stood there, eyes wide and palms open, a shattered vase and three roses lying on the ground.

"Katerina?" She asked with a weak but hopeful voice, anyone could see the pure terror in the Blair girl's eyes as if she were a wounded animal.

Katerina didn't hesitate, she placed the shard between her two hands, holding it up towards them as a fire ignited around it, making smoke go up into the fresh air. 

"Stay back — don't know, you!" The blonde's voice came out as a hiss while she backed herself into a corner, the accent barely making her words understandable.

"Kat. . ." Emma tried again, but instead of getting a warm smile, she got a snarl in return.

"No! Home!" Katerina cried out again, holding the sharpened piece up higher to their throats, threatening them greatly.

Animal instincts fully took her over, humanity lost — Katerina's feet thrummed against the steps as the air around her became uncontrollable, sending dust into the atmosphere while bits of broken glass flew around her like a barrier.

She didn't know where she was going, she just knew she had to leave after she woke him up.

Enoch was the first to move, hearing Katerina reach the top step, Emma and Caleb running after him with shocked faces.