xvii | seventeen

Seventeen : A Bonnet

"with flowers and my love, both never to come back."

REST IN PEACE GUSTAV, I will forever miss your music and message. Thank you for helping me when I thought I couldn't be helped and inspiring me to continue on with life and it's beautifully tragic moments.

"Good morning bee boy." Katerina smiled, adrenaline slowly pumping through her body to revive itself.

Hugh had bumble bees pollenating and keeping Katerina's flowers fresh and pretty, finding comfort in knowing the blonde would love it.

"Good morning. . . life vs. . . girl?" Katerina's peculiarity wasn't always one to made jokes with, but the others tried to lighten her up most of the time.

"Nice save." The Blair girl smiled, already aching to just be outside or to just be doing something, but she was to be in bed for another day.

"Hey Katerina?" Something Hugh had sparked the sudden urge to reassure himself.

"Yes Hugh?"

"I want you to know that no matter how bad or how good the things you've done or will do, you will always be my Katerina." The two had never shown much emotion towards another, it was a silent love, they both knew they cared for one another and that was them.

"Thank you Hugh, thank all of you." Katerina smiled down at the fuzzy flying creature that danced in the air above her. "Another 24 hours and I can help you and your friends Hugh." Then he couldn't help it, it was time.

"Katerina, we won't be in the house in 24 hours." It was a tone the blonde had never heard from the Apiston boy, never.

"What are talking about?"

"Barren is coming, Miss Avocet turned into her human form not long ago and I was sent to wake you, were all packing and leaving on the next ferry tomorrow." The atmosphere turned hot around Katerina, confusion and panic coursing through her veins at the thought of leaving the only place she truly remembered.

"I-"

"Is she awake yet?" The Blair girl was interrupted by Enoch entering her room, his breathing pattern slightly off and hair more curled than ever.

"Enoch what's going on?" It was starting to seep into her bones, the wickedness of another easily detected.

"We have to go Katerina. Okay? Trust me, it'll be alright as long as we're all together. Collect your most important items. I'll come check up on you shortly, come on Hugh." The words seemed jumbled and rushed, but Katerina heard them clearly, yet she still struggled to understand as Enoch placed a bitter kiss on her cheek.