Rick Grimes

❁Rick Grimes has never been sorry

Rick Grimes has never been sorry. He's always had a reason for his actions, big or small. There's only one thing Rick is deeply sorry for. And that's y/n's death.

y/n and Carl were best friends. Rick and a small group were going scavenging. It was supposed to be safe. Rick promised the group it was. Even though he didn't know what was in store.

Carl begged to go, after y/n volunteered. Rick made his son stay behind, he knew Carl only wanted to go to protect his friend.

Rick made a deal with Carl that if he stayed behind, he would keep y/n safe and bring her back. Carl agreed.

Rick and Carls deal was broken as y/n was the one never to come back out of the group.

They had gotten trapped with a group of walkers, she was behind the rest of the group. Rick heard a pained filled scream, full of agony.

He turned to see y/n's neck torn.

The group fought off the walkers, but lost y/n. Rick knelt beside her and started crying as he knew his son would never forgive him. and a young girls life was taken under his watch.

He apologized to y/n, and put her out of her pain as she passed away.

Rick could never look at Carl the same.

Rick sat as he thought of all the pain filled memories he had. He tried so hard, but whatever was gonna happen,
will happen.

He only had one hope,
that the future would have some sort of happiness for not only him, but for Carl, and he rest of his group, also known as his family.