Carl Grimes

❁

The group has been scavenging near the prison for supplies. So far, the time the group had spent at the prison, has been filled with loss, sadness, and anger.

But, sometimes... You felt hope and happiness. The one person that could bring you that was Carl.

You both had been friends the whole journey, but something has changed. You feel a flutter in my stomach when you see him. He is always talking to you any chance he gets too.

On a daily, you guess it has to do with you both growing up as fourteen year olds in this horrific world. You just have to try and explore, finding happiness in the process.

You were now, feeding the pigs, as the rest of the group members were doing their miscellaneous chores. Carl was gardening on the other side of the field.

As you fed the animals, you felt eyes on you. You ignored it as you didn't realize Carl was the one watching you. He just found you so kind and beautiful. He was trying to build up the courage to come over and talk to you.

He felt odd, this wasn't normal, he could always talk to you like it was nothing. Something has changed. But, it was for the better.

He faced his fears, thinking,
What do I have to lose?

"y/n!"

You turned around to see Carl walking over to you with a smile. You returned the gesture.

As you saw him near you, your stomach had the same fluttering as before.

Little did you know. The same thing happens to him all the time.