Chapter 10

"I could've done it, but I was wayyy too far to go there, take a pic, and go back with my dog. Plus, remember, yours ran to mine almost a few minutes after I got there. And if I took the picture, you would've seen me pass the bench and run forwards to where I was."

"Okay, right. I don't think it was any of the squad's but... Gene."

Clary has her eyes locked on to the dark-haired female eating an apple.

"Must be one of her goons. She probably saw you guys kissing in the Halloween party, and decided to follow your escapades in the park."

"Shit." Chris said.

"We need to stop this."

"But how? Her parents will probably sue us right when we say anything." Hayley said.

"Well we need to do something! People are looking at us now like we're some weird thing that entered school."

"Yep, I'm feeling really uneasy." Chris said.

"Okay, we need a plan." Clary suggests.

"Let's just ask her. No harm if we ask nicely." Hayley said.

"I'll do it."

"Lucas, we don't know if you're still grieving over the fact that she left you and beat you and me up." Chris said.

"I'm fine."

"You sur-"

"Definitely. Let's go."

Lucas walked over to Gene's table.

"Listen here, Gene. What the fuck did yo-"

"Sorry, he's still pissed at you." Clary took over, Chris pulling Lucas back.

"Just wanted to ask, did you take this picture?" Clary asked. She showed Gene the picture.

"No. Why would I?" Gene replied.

"If it wasn't you, then who would do it?"

"I don't know. But I hear the creepers over in the fantasy club and the football team have a pretty big crush on you. Why don't you go check 'em out?" She said as innocent and as friendly as possible.

"Oh, those guys. Thanks!" Clary said back, holding her fist back.

She turned around to meet up with the others.

"So? What did she say?"

"No, but she said the fantasy club or the football team might be the culprits."

"And you believe her?" Lucas said.

"Well, those guys have been crushing hard on me since I accidentally joined the club and I was once with a footballer."

"Ah, right." Hayley said.

"Fine. But if she's one bit wrong I'm going to throw her into the spinach." Lucas said.

"Fine with me. Let's go."

•••••

"We should ask Marc."

"You're ex-boyfriend?" Lucas asked.

"Yep."

Marc Gerret was an athletic, able-bodied 15 year old. He was also considered by some as handsome. Being on the football team, he has many admirers, Clary being one of them until recently.

He was busy cleaning his helmet on the bench in the changing room.

"Hey, Marc?"

"Hey Lucas, what's up?"