Chapter six

Finally, it was Halloween! Another day to dress up as anyone (aside from costume parties and/or comic cons). In the covered courts, people had came in dressed as iconic characters or spooky entities, a great feel of Halloween. The group all met outside the courts, but Lucas was already inside, making sure that all the events would go as planned.

The group proceeded inside to see that the covered courts were packed and active. People were mingling, characters were acting, it was one hell of a Halloween party. The group also had various kinds of costumes, Julian as an elite trooper, to join with Lucas and someone else later in the program, Angelica as a vampire, Hayley as a witch, Clary as a purple-haired cat from an anime show, and Chris as Link. The neko-Clary put her arm around the green knight Chris and they walked in.

Clary looked around. There was a group that wore anime costumes, Clary's other friends, whereas since she was also in an "anime"-esque costume, she joined them.

"Hey, Chris, I'll be back I'll just check out my friends." She told Chris.

"Yeah, sure." He said. Clary sauntered over to the anime group.

"Chris?" Someone said behind him.

He turned around and saw his best friend's beaten face. He knew why, of course.

"Chris. Oh, so you went as Link. Anyway, I need your help." Lucas said, in an elite stormtrooper outfit.

"What for?" He asked.

"Remember the Gene incident?" Lucas said.

"What about it?"

"That, and Jennifer Lison being an ex-best friend of Gene's." He replied. "She might do something really bad. Can you watch out? Around the backstage?"

"I guess so. Can I tell Clary first?" Chris asked.

"Be quick, I don't know when she'll try something. I'll go find Hayley and Lila."

"Lila? Why?"

"She's my commander. Where's Clary?" Lucas asked.

"That anime area."

"Cool. See ya." He put his helmet on.

Lucas walked away to find Hayley and Lila Anderson, a very close childhood friend, and, a lover of Star Wars as well. He walked to the side of the stage, where, he remembered, they would say they would go. He found them talking by the bleachers beside the stage.

"Hey." He called out.

"Hey, what's up?" Lila said back.

"Good. You ready?" He asked.

"Yep." Lila proceeded to walk to the stage.

"I'll head to Clary and the rest." Hayley said, and passed by Lucas. She was stopped when Lucas caught her arm before she left. She blushed slightly.

"Hey, so, remember Gene had cheated on me with some guy?" Lucas asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"She hasn't done it with only one guy."

"What?" Hayley said, dumbfounded.

"I... got attacked yesterday by Gene's fuck buddies. They hit me hard." He said, as he took off his helmet. Hayley gasped and put a hand over her mouth.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"Thankfully, and unfortunately, Gene's dad passed by, and she went and acted all innocent."

"What a bitch! Where is she?" Hayley said, somewhat enraged.

"That's what I'm asking you to find out. She's out for me and Jennifer, one of the emcees. Just try and make sure she doesn't go close, or call Chris. He's going to keep watch for me as well, but he'll be close." Lucas said.

"Sure." Hayley said, before being let go of Lucas. "Where are Clary and Angelica and the others?" She walked back to Clary and the others.
Meanwhile, with Chris...

Chris walked to Clary after talking with Lucas. He wanted her to know just in case he left.

He walked over to Clary.

"Clary?" He said.

She didn't notice him.

"Clary?" He said again.

"What?" She finally said.

"Can I speak with you?" He asked.

"Can this be later?" She asked.

"No, come on." He answered.

"Ugh, fiiiiiine." She said. "Hold on girls."

She stood up and followed Chris.

"What?" She said, aggravated.

"What are you being so mad about?" Chris asked.

"I'm talking with my friends! It was a good conversation." She said.

"How about me, huh? I'm also your friend! I just wanted to tell you I won't be staying with you for a while, since I'm helping Lucas from his shitty ex!" He explained. Clary was hit with a wave of grief.

"I'm sorry if I upset you. I just... I just wanted you to know. Just in case I get hurt or if I'm lost or something. Clearly, it's not that much of a problem for you." Chris spun around and walked away.

"Chris..." Clary said, her hand reached out, but with no luck of catching him. She pulled her hand back slowly.

"God, I'm an idiot." She said, sitting on the bleachers.

After a while, Hayley found Clary sitting with her friends.

"Hey Clary." She said. Clary didn't answer. Hayley realized she looked different, even from the back. She wasn't talking to her anime friends much.

"Clary? Are you okay?" She asked.

She turned around, her face as normal as ever.

"Hey." She said. "What's up?"

"You didn't look so well earlier."

"I'm fine. Really. Just a bit tired."

Hayley crossed her arms.

"You're a really bad liar." She told her. "You and Chris fought, didn't you?"

"What? What gave it away?"

"First of all, you're never tired after 5-10 minutes from walking into a party. Second of all, you aren't usually this sad. Unless, of course, you made someone close to you upset."

Clary looked down.

"I should apologize." She murmured.

"You should. But maybe after this is done?"

"Sure."

"Come on. Cheer up. You guys are best friends. I'll even help you apologize." Hayley said.

"With another poem? I think that only works on Lucas." Clary said, rolling her eyes.

"Welcome, everybody, to another Halloween at Glimmerdale High!" Jennifer said, her voice amplified to be heard throughout the court. The festivities, and more, were about to start.